What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quote of the Day

Very frankly, if you knew some of the dark recesses of my heart you wouldn't even let me be the pastor of this church.
I am a bad hombre. Only thing good about me is the grace of God.

~ Adrian Rogers
Every great man of God whom I have studied says essentially the same thing about themselves. Even the apostle Paul viewed himself as the chief of sinners.

Every great man of God whom I have studied says essentially the same thing about themselves. Even the apostle Paul viewed himself as the chief of sinners.
It is good for them to say this. It does my heart good for someone who I consider very godly and kind hearted to be upfront about this.
I can easily feel my sin and failures and struggles and think, they were born better.
But when Adrian Rogers, for instance wants me to know he is not just a sinner, but deeply sinful, it shows me what God can do in my life also.

It does the same for me sister. Big time

Because I know the dark recesses of my own heart, I wonder how could God love me, why would God call me, how can God use me? But He has and He does. The beauty of the fact that He has saved us, called us, and uses us is that the glory of it all goes to Him. Because I know my heart, if I do any good I know it's definitely because of Him...not me. So I can freely ascribe all the glory to Him, because He alone deserves it. As I've said many times before, I believe that when the crowns are cast at Jesus' feet in Heaven it's because all us recognize that the crowns are not ours: we didn't earn them, He did.

“My situation is urgent, and I cannot see how I will ever be delivered. Yet this is not my concern, for He who made the promise will find a way to keep it. My part is simply to obey His commands, not to direct His ways. I am His servant, not His advisor. I call upon Him and He will deliver me.”
-- Charles Spurgeon

If you are a preacher of mercy, do not preach an imaginary but the true mercy. If the mercy is true, you must therefore bear the true, not an imaginary sin. God does not save those who are only imaginary sinners. Be a sinner, and let your sins be strong [or sin boldly], but let your trust in Christ be stronger, and rejoice in Christ who is the victor over sin, death, and the world. We will commit sins while we are here, for this life is not a place where justice resides. We, however, says Peter (2. Peter 3:13), are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth where justice will reign. It suffices that through God’s glory we have recognized the Lamb who takes away the sin of the world. No sin can separate us from Him, even if we were to kill or commit adultery thousands of times each day. Do you think such an exalted Lamb paid merely a small price with a meager sacrifice for our sins? Pray hard for you are quite a sinner.

~Martin Luther in a letter to Philip Melanchthon,1521,
while hiding in Wartburg Castle after his trial at Worms to avoid execution by RCC)

(looooooooooooooooooooong way to say justification by faith alone (works cannot and do not do nothing toward Salvation), stop trying to add works, be honest about your sins, and the old sin nature will be with us until we die)

I, a poor,miserable sinner, indeed!

"I cried because I had no shoes, until I met a man, who had no feet."
Helen Keller (1880-1968)

All the more profound because Helen was both blind and deaf from the age of 19 months.

Nice biography of Helen.

"I'm not afraid of the devil. The devil can handle me - he's got judo I never heard of. But he can't handle the One to whom I'm joined; he can't handle the One to whom I'm united; he can't handle the One whose nature dwells in my nature."
A.W Tozer

Who can defeat Our God Almighty Who Created all things and has control over all things He created?
None exists!
Praise be to The Most High God Almighty 🙌

If the truth offends, then let it offend. People have been living their whole lives in offense to God; let them be offended for a while.
~John MacArthur

Back