What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Putin may be in deep trouble and it might be because of something he did or perhaps thought regarding ISRAEL

Ok I found a reason Assad and family might be in Russia. Mrs Assad who had a history of breast cancer in 2019 was diagnosed with an aggressive form of Leukemia back in late May of this year. Since then no word in the news that I've been able to spot but due to the warrant for the arrest of her husband (and possibly herself) issued by France and upheld by the ICC, she might have had trouble seeking medical help outside of Syria if needed. In that case I could see her going to Russia to a private clinic for the best attention that she and her husband are able to get.

Then again it's also good reason to get out of Syria as things are getting hot regionally. And medical care might be a good excuse.

No he didn't but then Konstantin hasn't got a high opinion of Patriarch Kirill. Konstantin is a humble ordinary Russian Orthodox Christian who ends his livestreams with prayer. He hates the church heirarchy and political ambitions with a passion. He loves Jesus.

Patriarch Kirill got where he did, by a great deal of pleasing the political bosses. It's how it's done in the RO church in Russia. Kirill is not unlike Pope Franny the Hippy Pope- a political creature surviving and thriving and rising to the top based on a lot of unsavoury connections. Little to do with the Bible, lots to do with keeping up with the former KGB officer named Putin who was on a similar quest to rule Russia.

In fact that is more or less the relationship between Putin and Kirill. You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours. Both benefit. ZERO to do with genuine faith although perhaps I'm wrong and Kirill and Putin will surprise us all in the Rapture. God alone knows the heart.

I've seen articles that suggest that Kirill's motives in supporting Putin's rise to power were based on the fact that Putin was offering power to those church types that supported him.

The monopoly on church within Russia. The RO has always had an unholy joy in persecuting Baptists and others who don't fit their mold even while THEY were being somewhat persecuted under true Communism in the USSR days when church was outlawed.

The RO is enjoying it's comeback, and it's position as the State sanctioned Russian church. And back to creating misery for all those calling themselves Christian who aren't part of the Russian Orthodox church.

That goes a bit further- they also feel that they need to stamp out the Ukrainian blended church which is a hybrid of RO and Catholicism. Putin was flying the Black Madonna over Crimea and Ukraine as soon as he got his sweaty paws on it when the Pope gave it back to Russia. There is a superstitious reason for that. He was "consecrating" the territory to the Icon of the Black Madonna. Much the same as Catholics "consecrate" stuff to the sacred heart of Mary. This was intended to cause the icon (and the spirit behind it, which has nothing to do with Mary and I suspect is another version of Artemis of the Ephesians) to give him dominion over that territory.

The RO church blessed this endeavour as they want to stamp out the Ukrainian heresy as they see it, and both Putin and Kirill wanted to get Ukraine back into their power.

So that is the backstory about Kirill and how he fits in.

ONTO what Kirill would do to Putin for kissing a Koran. In a word. NOTHING! Unless Putin became a problem for Kirill then he'd stab him in the back quite easily. Kirill will support Putin as long as it's in Kirill's best interests. When that changes, Kirill will help finish Putin off.

For the good of Mother Russia of course!!!

As for the others in the upper echalons of power in the RO church, they too are political creatures! The ones that truly have a heart for the Lord and I've met a few don't tend to get promoted.

FWIW, Patriarch Kirill is former KGB and served with President Putin.

I'm waiting for the other national OC Patriarchs to raise a ruckus over this. Haven't yet heard anything, but I don't think they're all co-opted, although perhaps being threatened into saying nothing. KGB closes ranks on outsiders, as well as "taking care of business" internally [sigh]

There's been talk of OC schism since Patriarch Kirill's statements shortly after the invasion of Ukraine.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand . . .

Ukraine’s President Signs Law Banning Russia-Linked Religious Groups​

By Daria Tarasova Markina, CNN
Published 5:08 AM EDT, Sat August 24, 2024
Zelensky said Ukrainian orthodoxy was "taking a step toward liberation from the devils of Moscow."

"Away from the frontlines, Ukraine is waging a different battle against Russia as it seeks to remove Moscow’s influence from religious institutions.
President Volodymr Zelensky signed into law a bill banning religious groups with ties to Russia Saturday, Ukraine’s Independence Day. The bill’s main target is the Ukrainian Orthodox Church (UOC) which has historically been linked to the Russian Orthodox Church, also known as the Moscow Patriarchate.
Zelensky referenced the bill in his nightly address, saying “Ukrainian orthodoxy today is taking a step toward liberation from the devils of Moscow.”
The new law gives the UOC and other religious groups nine months to cut ties with Russia or risk being shut down by court order. The law passed Ukraine’s parliament on August 20, with 265 lawmakers voting for and 29 voting against.
While the UOC claims to have cut ties with the Russian Orthodox Church in 2022, Ukraine’s State Service for Ethnic Policy and Freedom of Conscience says the links are still intact and the church remains in Moscow’s orbit.
Ukraine’s Security Service of Ukraine (SBU) has accused the UOC of spreading pro-Moscow propaganda. Since the beginning of the full-scale invasion, the SBU has opened criminal proceedings against more than 100 clergymen of the UOC. Nearly 50 have already been charged and 26 have received sentences, according to the SBU."

More

FWIW, Patriarch Kirill is former KGB and served with President Putin.

I'm waiting for the other national OC Patriarchs to raise a ruckus over this. Haven't yet heard anything, but I don't think they're all co-opted, although perhaps being threatened into saying nothing. KGB closes ranks on outsiders, as well as "taking care of business" internally [sigh]

There's been talk of OC schism since Patriarch Kirill's statements shortly after the invasion of Ukraine.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand . . .

Ukraine’s President Signs Law Banning Russia-Linked Religious Groups​

By Daria Tarasova Markina, CNN
Published 5:08 AM EDT, Sat August 24, 2024
Zelensky said Ukrainian orthodoxy was "taking a step toward liberation from the devils of Moscow."

"Away from the frontlines, Ukraine is waging a different battle against Russia as it seeks to remove Moscow’s influence from religious institutions.
President Volodymr Zelensky signed into law a bill banning religious groups with ties to Russia Saturday, Ukraine’s Independence Day. The bill’s main target is the Ukrainian Orthodox Church (UOC) which has historically been linked to the Russian Orthodox Church, also known as the Moscow Patriarchate.
Zelensky referenced the bill in his nightly address, saying “Ukrainian orthodoxy today is taking a step toward liberation from the devils of Moscow.”
The new law gives the UOC and other religious groups nine months to cut ties with Russia or risk being shut down by court order. The law passed Ukraine’s parliament on August 20, with 265 lawmakers voting for and 29 voting against.
While the UOC claims to have cut ties with the Russian Orthodox Church in 2022, Ukraine’s State Service for Ethnic Policy and Freedom of Conscience says the links are still intact and the church remains in Moscow’s orbit.
Ukraine’s Security Service of Ukraine (SBU) has accused the UOC of spreading pro-Moscow propaganda. Since the beginning of the full-scale invasion, the SBU has opened criminal proceedings against more than 100 clergymen of the UOC. Nearly 50 have already been charged and 26 have received sentences, according to the SBU."

More
I didn't know that Kirill was KGB, thank you! Good bit of info. I normally focus on Putin and his crowd but that adds a lot of important background info.

Back