What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

North Korea Fires Suspected Ballistic Missile, South Korea and Japan Say

Almost Heaven

Well-known
SEOUL/TOKYO (Reuters) - North Korea fired an unidentified type of ballistic missile on Sunday, Japan's Coast Guard and the South Korean military said.
The missile was launched toward the sea off North Korea's east coast, according to the South Korean Joint Chiefs of Staff.
No further details were immediately reported.
The launch came after warnings from officials in Seoul and Tokyo that nuclear-armed North Korea was preparing to test-fire a missile, including one of its longest-range an intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBM) this month.
All of North Korea's ballistic missile activities are banned by United Nations Security Council resolutions, though Pyongyang defends them as its sovereign right to self defence.

All of North Korea's ballistic missile activities are banned by United Nations Security Council resolutions, though Pyongyang defends them as its sovereign right to self defence.

Not that I want to support the little guy with the bad haircut, but like every other sovereign nation, Pyongyang can have its missile activities just like other countries do, regardless of meaningless UN security council resolutions. Now if they threaten other sovereign nations, those other nations have the right to react however they feel justified, since they too are sovereign.

Not that I want to support the little guy with the bad haircut, but like every other sovereign nation, Pyongyang can have its missile activities just like other countries do, regardless of meaningless UN security council resolutions. Now if they threaten other sovereign nations, those other nations have the right to react however they feel justified, since they too are sovereign.
Could it be they are banned because their leader has threatened most nations he has issues with?

Could it be they are banned because their leader has threatened most nations he has issues with?
Who has the authority to ban a sovereign nation-state from some action or other?

If there is such an authority that exists it would seem we would have a single global authority over the nations, or in other words, a one world govmint. I don't personally believe any nation-state, no matter how small or weak, need comply with any order from the current UN.

Who has the authority to ban a sovereign nation-state from some action or other?

If there is such an authority that exists it would seem we would have a single global authority over the nations, or in other words, a one world govmint. I don't personally believe any nation-state, no matter how small or weak, need comply with any order from the current UN.
I forgot to mention I also think most of what the UN does is worthless, and not helpful to anyone but their coffers. However, in regards to NK, I do believe they got it right, but, nobody will do anything about NK, at least for now.

Back