What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Noah, Lot, and the Last Trump?

Andy C

Well-known
Very interesting article, worth the time to read.

Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 1 Cor 15:50-53

Greetings my brothers and sisters. I want to take a moment to thank our brother Pete for this opportunity to share some prophetic thoughts periodically with you on his wonderful forum. Hopefully, as the Lord sees fit, I will be able to write some thought-provoking items here pertaining to these last days in which we live.

I find myself intrigued by Solomon’s words in Ecclesiastes 1:8-9 and they normally form the basis of my study of both history and Scripture. Solomon in his wisdom made it clear that history does indeed repeat itself.

8 All things are wearisome, more than one can say. The eye never has enough of seeing, nor the ear its fill of hearing.

9 What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.

With this passage always somewhere in my mind, I like to use it in my approach to the study of history and understanding the ways God works through His written word sovereignly through time. God uses parallel situations, Foreshadowing and typology regularly to show us how things were, and how they will be again.

With that in mind, I have long been inquisitive about Jesus' words in Matthew 24.

37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

And … Jesus' words in Luke 17.

26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.

27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.

28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;

29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.

30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 1 Cor 15:50-53

Greetings my brothers and sisters. I want to take a moment to thank our brother Pete for this opportunity to share some prophetic thoughts periodically with you on his wonderful forum. Hopefully, as the Lord sees fit, I will be able to write some thought-provoking items here pertaining to these last days in which we live.

I find myself intrigued by Solomon’s words in Ecclesiastes 1:8-9 and they normally form the basis of my study of both history and Scripture. Solomon in his wisdom made it clear that history does indeed repeat itself.

8 All things are wearisome, more than one can say. The eye never has enough of seeing, nor the ear its fill of hearing.

9 What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.

With this passage always somewhere in my mind, I like to use it in my approach to the study of history and understanding the ways God works through His written word sovereignly through time. God uses parallel situations, Foreshadowing and typology regularly to show us how things were, and how they will be again.

With that in mind, I have long been inquisitive about Jesus' words in Matthew 24.

38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.

27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.

28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;

29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.

:bouncies:

I simply can't help myself. I'm so sick of all the disgusting, evil sin, to include my own, especially my own, that I'm sure willing and wishing that God would just hurry up and wipe the slate clean.

Funny, I posted same part of Matthew 24 in an earlier post of mine today. [shivering and tingly emoji]

Getting excited. It's so sooooooooooooooooooooooooon! :rapture:

I feel like I'm a wiggly little puppy waiting for my human to get home, and I hear the right footsteps outside and the key's in the lock . . .
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! (oops) :lol:

From the OP

“We have all heard the sound bites of WEF leaders claiming that by 2030, we will all own nothing and be happy about it. We also know that global environmentalists and even leftist governors of some states are pushing for legislation to outlaw growing gardens and small farming because they claim it is destroying the ecology. So much is being done to push this “Great Reset” and the “Sustainable Development Goals” on the nations of the world whether the citizens like it or not. But… since Jesus told us that there would still be buying and selling and planting and building going on when He returns for His Bride, we can be assured that the globalist’s goals will not be implemented (at least not fully) before Jesus raptures us! That portion of those scriptures was meant to reassure believers that there would be some normalcy still left upon Jesus' return in spite of what the ambitions of the elites are for the world.”

Fascinating grist for thought! For me it was a mixed bag: some parts I completely agreed with, some parts made me think afresh, and some parts I simply disagreed with. But so what? It really was a worthwhile read. Thanks for posting it, Andy.

I enjoyed the article but I really think it’s looking at the scriptures through an American lens. Our economy affects other nations, yes - but no way is the entire world going to be prosperous at any one time. In fact the USA is almost always the exception and not the experience of the vast majority of the world. And although I admit that it’s interesting, I absolutely refuse to read the word “Trump” and think “Donald J Trump.”
America is not the world.
And I think if Jesus would have focused on the situation of any one nation, it would be Israel and not us. So maybe we should be looking at the status of Israel.

Interesting article. The things he says about God using Trump is plausible by my way of thinking. Trump did expose the deep state/globalist agendas to the world and fought against that agenda. I like that the author offers up his thoughts as possibilities v.s. "this is the way it is". The only part that I didn't care for was the reference to conditions moving towards those described in Rev 6. I don't believe there is anything going on in the world right now that is remotely similar to the conditions the world will see during the Tribulation years. Interesting read.

Good article. Like Adrian said lots to think about. I really enjoyed this part here:

"So I prayed for the Lord to give me greater wisdom in these prophetic passages and then made a list of similarities.
  1. All three generations were on the cusp of God’s judgment falling because of rampant sin.
  2. All three ages had men seeking unnatural mergers physically. In Noah’s day, it was humanity with angels. In Lot's time, it was men with men sexually. And in our day it’s the merger of humanity with technology although we also probably have a mixture of the previous two as well.
  3. All three times featured humanity in grossly exaggerated self-centeredness chasing after that which was right in their own eyes without regard to God's plan.
  4. All three eras were filled with sin to the fullness of the cup.
  5. The days of all three vexed the believers of the day. The Believers were and are just about worn out. "

good comparisons.

About the normalcy bias, things may be bad but for those caught in the midst- it's normal feeling, no sense of alarm or urgency.

It's funny because I do hear 2 responses from the unsaved about what's going on around us:

1: the majority- "It's always been like this, even in ancient Rome they were talking about the good old days and how bad modern times were"- my unsaved relatives- failing to recognize that Rome fell as every empire does- from within.

2: the minority- "Dunno what it is but something feels OFF! Things are getting REALLY BAD" -my hairdresser that I'm witnessing to for the last 21 years.

and sort of the same from the Christians around me:

1: the majority- "it's bad but things will get better, the Rapture is not in the Bible. We got it wrong. We just need to be more Seeker Friendly and get people into church."

2: the minority- "I think the Rapture is getting pretty close, things are really getting dark, and it's looking a lot like the Tribulation stuff is lining up."

The majority have that normalcy bias, the frog in the pot of boiling water, where the water keeps getting hotter but slowly enough that the frogs are acclimatized.

I wonder how much the US would be affected by the rapture if a Democrat is in office versus a Republican. If a Democrat, I think most of the government would stay in place, since it seems there are few true Christians in that party, so when the rapture happens, much of the country's infrastructure would remain in place, without, of course, many workers. If a Republican were in office and assuming that Trump (or whoever) brought in people similar to himself, some Christian, some not, then some of the government, maybe much of it, would become leaderless at the rapture, thus causing a greater catastrophe. Maybe that's putting too much speculation into it. Just a thought.

So long as there are enough civil service employees left behind, the government will more or less function. Elected officials come and go, but except at the most senior levels, the bureaucrats are there "forever." An elected official isn't required for a government employee to issue driver's licenses, marriage licenses, building permits, employee paychecks, get the roads plowed, etc., etc., etc.

At one law enforcement agency where I worked, there was a time that if the Rapture had happened, only one or two officers would have been able to report for work :lol: Another place would have been completely empty :lol:

I really think that things are going to be so chaotic there is going to be martial law imposed or worse. When I think about all of the accidents and fires and possible damage to communications and infrastructure. And rioting and looting and break-ins and people going crazy everywhere. And violence because the Restrainer has been lifted.

I really think that things are going to be so chaotic there is going to be martial law imposed or worse. When I think about all of the accidents and fires and possible damage to communications and infrastructure. And rioting and looting and break-ins and people going crazy everywhere. And violence because the Restrainer has been lifted.
I often wonder how many people globally will die as a direct result of the rapture. Such as passengers on a suddenly pilotless plane, or cars, trains, Drs and nurses gone while operating….,etc….

Back