What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Documentary, "Enemies Within The Church"

Z

Zephyr

This is the full summary from the website

"Enemies Within: The Church" shows evidence for exposing false teachers and organizations with an underlying agenda to undermine the influence of Christ across the world. Every single problem we face in the western world is ultimately a theological problem, and every solution to each problem is a theological absolute. What happened to the living, powerful, transformative, nation-shaking Christianity that Jesus brought to our world? Something dressed up to look like Christianity is doing just fine here in America, but can it possibly be the real thing? It certainly resembles Christianity, but most of the people I know sense that something isn't right. Cashiers say that the best way to recognize a counterfeit dollar is not by studying counterfeit dollars, but by getting to know the real thing well enough that you can easily discern the fake. Maybe that's part of our problem today? Maybe members of this present generation who call themselves "Christians" really believe they are Christians, because they can't recognize the counterfeit? When we look at history, the western church we see right now hardly resembles what it once was. In the twentieth century, the twin evils of Communism and Fascism slaughtered nearly 200,000,000. Both forces are still attempting to co-opt Christianity to serve their goals. If this evil is still alive and active, why is it seldom addressed in most churches today? Could it be that this evil is compromising our churches from the inside out? What if these forces are twisting the doctrine that grew our great nation to suit its own purposes? This documentary will answer these questions and provide the theological solution necessary to stop the destruction of our beloved nation's foundation: The Church.

This statement is from the article on American Thinker that announced toe documentary. The whole AT article is very important too, but this statement really stood out to me:

The message of the film is important. Marxism in all its forms has made a strong entrance into the organized church. Many parents have sent their kids off to seminary or Bible school, only to have them come home and deny God.

This movement called "liberalism" began at the beginning of the twentieth century. Church groups that stood squarely on foundational principles gradually became more liberal. Some even denied that the Bible is true. As noted in the film, some believed that the Old Testament was just a collection of myths.

There are important changes that have taken place over the past twenty-five years.

This is an example of "enemies within the church" in practice:

Ministry booted after standing on God's design for sexuality​

Promise Keepers after the Christian men's ministry expressed a biblical view of gender and sexuality.

Belmont University acknowledges its Baptist heritage, but in 2007 the school cut ties with the denomination to become an "independent, ecumenical Christian university with no denominational ties." Yet, last week it canceled a Promise Keepers gathering on campus, citing a "conflict of values." The men's ministry had just put out a clear, firm, biblical statement on the dangers of gender ideology:
"As fathers, husbands, grandfathers, and young men – we see the dangers of gender ideology and the harm it causes. At Promise Keepers, we affirm that God made human beings in His image to reflect Him. He created male and female with equal worth and dignity – and there was no mistake in that design."

Yes, thank you. I believe that every sincere Christian should watch Enemies Within the Church.

Even those that aren't sincere or are in very liberal or apostate churches. Maybe moreso, so they can make a better choice (if one is available), or elect lay leaders that will hold Pastor's feet to the fire or revoke his call if he's not leading, preaching, and teaching IAW :bible:

Yes, thank you. I believe that every sincere Christian should watch Enemies Within the Church.
It sounds like divide and conquer. These enemies within the church are Satan' s little deceivers. They have the antichrist spirit. Too many churches are caving into the gay agenda. That is not of God. Scripture tells us some shall depart from the faith giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils.

I think the best antidote is to simply preach God's Word and follow it.

This is the most powerful and efficient way to deal with false teachings and strengthen the church to grow in Christ as the real thing is focused on and thus allow for recognition of the counterfeit. At the same time Jesus's mandate to preach the Gospel is kept in focus.

....Jesus approached and, [a]breaking the silence, said to them, All authority (all power of rule) in heaven and on earth has been given to Me.

Go then and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them [b]into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

Teaching them to observe everything that I have commanded you, and behold, I am with you [c]all the days ([d]perpetually, uniformly, and on every occasion), to the [very] close and consummation of the age. [e]Amen (so let it be).

Matthew 28:18-20 AMPC

I think the best antidote is to simply preach God's Word and follow it.

This is the most powerful and efficient way to deal with false teachings and strengthen the church to grow in Christ as the real thing is focused on and thus allow for recognition of the counterfeit. At the same time Jesus's mandate to preach the Gospel is kept in focus.

....Jesus approached and, [a]breaking the silence, said to them, All authority (all power of rule) in heaven and on earth has been given to Me.

Go then and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them [b]into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

Teaching them to observe everything that I have commanded you, and behold, I am with you [c]all the days ([d]perpetually, uniformly, and on every occasion), to the [very] close and consummation of the age. [e]Amen (so let it be).

Matthew 28:18-20 AMPC

Part of God's Word is instructions for Church discipline and believer resolution of issues (Matthew 18:15-20). If only more churches would practice and enforce it, and more believers would read and follow the instructions when resolving issues and conflict among believers.

Unfortunately, the Church has so little importance or influence in most believers' lives that Church discipline doesn't wield many, if any, consequences even when it is imposed.

When properly administered, Church discipline has the effects of correcting sin among Church members, restoring believing, repentant sinners to a right walk with God, avoiding and preventing rumormondering, gossip, and division, protecting the Church and its witness and reputation, reconciling believers to one another, and restoring and strengthening fellowship.

15 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.
16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.
Matthew 18:15-17, KJV

Part of God's Word is instructions for Church discipline and believer resolution of issues (Matthew 18:15-20). If only more churches would practice and enforce it, and more believers would read and follow the instructions when resolving issues and conflict among believers.

Unfortunately, the Church has so little importance or influence in most believers' lives that Church discipline doesn't wield many, if any, consequences even when it is imposed.

When properly administered, Church discipline has the effects of correcting sin among Church members, restoring believing, repentant sinners to a right walk with God, avoiding and preventing rumormondering, gossip, and division, protecting the Church and its witness and reputation, reconciling believers to one another, and restoring and strengthening fellowship.

15 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.
16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

Absolutely! And well said Ghoti. :)

I was basing my comments on the posted summary in the OP that was addressing counterfeit teachings v.s. the real deal.

Some years back, a church banned a member over a genuine violation of church policy (it's been a long time so I forget the details). The banned couple sued and I believe they won.

Back