What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keeping visitors engaged

GLC11

Active
Just a suggestion.

One organic way that visitors may find us is when they do a key word search on current topics in the news. This is a good reason for us to post current news and provide good discussion in the comments.

I am wondering what you think about moving the In The News section higher up (maybe the third category?)

People may find us through researching headlines and then will stick around when they see what a wonderful community this is.

When I posted the article about Candace being fired and how she is anti semetic, I had a hard time figuring out what forum to post a breaking news item. I chose the USA section hoping that would be correct.

I so appreciate the suggestion and the interest in promoting this site. Thank you so very much.

I have discussed this with the rest of the admin/mod staff, seeking their advice; and I am, of course, seeking God's counsel above all. When I sense God's direction in this matter, I will respond further.

In the meantime I want you to know that I really mean it when I said thank you for your input. The strength of this site is that each member is a valued part, not just of the family of God at large, but also of this CCF family. And each is free to raise his or her voice about matters that concern us all.

I so appreciate the suggestion and the interest in promoting this site. Thank you so very much.

I have discussed this with the rest of the admin/mod staff, seeking their advice; and I am, of course, seeking God's counsel above all. When I sense God's direction in this matter, I will respond further.

In the meantime I want you to know that I really mean it when I said thank you for your input. The strength of this site is that each member is a valued part, not just of the family of God at large, but also of this CCF family. And each is free to raise his or her voice about matters that concern us all.
I love your response

I was so hesitant since I am new here and I don’t want to come off as “look at this newbie already wanting to redesign the site”

Please don’t feel that you have to respond any further on it. As long as I know you consider recommendations and that they are welcome, that is all good for me.

If I have an idea, I want to be able to post here with ease ….knowing that I am not putting undo pressure and annoyance on the mod team, and they may feel it necessary to belabor drafting a response every time a suggestion comes up.

I am perfectly fine with a “thanks for your suggestion “

I am just so happy to be here. The biggest part of the value is not only the sweet fellowship,but to also be able to come here to our safe friends to analyze and pick apart the current and fast changing events.

This is a wise group and especially during that crazy Covid period , that caused the shift away from “the deal of the century” topic.

It was comforting to get insight from “you all” on how what is going on in this crazy world ties to scripture. To talk about Covid, vaccines, globalism, the red heifers, the wars, politics, wokeness etc. There are so many non believers who are questioning what these things all mean “were those Christians right all along about the End Times?” So they will be searching on Google for answers. At least the key words and fresh postings will bring them here

I will just assume that if we do have a “breaking news” item to share, we just go directly to the news section and pick from “Middle East”, “USA” or the “rest of the world”

Because I am such a news and events watcher and trying to make sense of it all, those are the forums I will be checking on a a regular basis.

Again, if I make a future suggestion, no reply needed. :)

Gail, suggestions will ALWAYS be both appreciated and replied to here. A member who offers input will be respected and deserves a response.

As to being a newbie on the site-- there is no hierarchy here. New or established, young or old, every member is as valuable as any other member, as it should be in a church. All of us are equal brothers and sisters in Christ. And as a pastor I am no different. Pastor is a role not a status. And I am always mindful of the instruction given me in 1 Peter 5:2-3, "Be shepherds of God’s flock that is among you, watching over them not out of compulsion, but because it is God’s will; not out of greed, but out of eagerness; not lording it over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock."

Somehow this topic arrived back on my front burner this morning. And I remembered that I promised a response once I sensed God's leading in this matter.

As much as I see a value in moving the news section higher, I do not think it is in the best interest of this board. While the Rapture and the conditions that lead up to it are very important and always welcome on this board, the purpose of CCF is not the same as the purpose of RF. This board was not created primarily as a place to discuss the Rapture. It was created as a scripturally sound and safe place of fellowship for Christians in these last days. Yes, news is important for us watchers; but it is not the most important thing in terms of our fellowship and the way we live. Encouraging one another in the faith is more important, I would suggest; and as much as the Rapture and the glorious appearing of our God and Savior Jesus Christ is our great hope, there is a lot more to learn and to focus on in these last days.

We each need to learn more about our God; we each need to develop a closer, more obedient relationship with Him; and we each need to be encouraged and strengthened as we do the work He has called each of us to do, whatever that specific work may be. In view of this, I believe our emphasis on fellowship and the Word are what is most important. Matthew 24:46 comes to mind here.

Further, as much as I personally would like to see this site grow, and as much as Christians need a site like this in these rapidly darkening days, I cannot allow my focus to be on building the site membership. To me quality is more important than quantity. I am trusting God, that He will bring those people to this flock that He wants. My main duty has to be on maintaining this site for its purpose, and making sure each of those who are here are given the opportunity to be fed good spiritual food.

In view all of this, and trusting in God's leading, I have peace that our current board layout is correct. Fellowship and the Word are the most important parts of CCF and therefore should be remain first. I believe, therefore, that the news is in its proper place here.

I would like to thank @GLC11, @Baby Yoda, and @3Nails4Given for their input on this topic. God speaks in many ways, and that is why suggestions of any kind are always welcome here. Be assured that we will discuss each suggestion as a mod team (as we did in this case) and then they will be prayerfully considered. As much as I doubt myself, I always trust God to lead to correct decisions.

Somehow this topic arrived back on my front burner this morning. And I remembered that I promised a response once I sensed God's leading in this matter.

As much as I see a value in moving the news section higher, I do not think it is in the best interest of this board. While the Rapture and the conditions that lead up to it are very important and always welcome on this board, the purpose of CCF is not the same as the purpose of RF. This board was not created primarily as a place to discuss the Rapture. It was created as a scripturally sound and safe place of fellowship for Christians in these last days. Yes, news is important for us watchers; but it is not the most important thing in terms of our fellowship and the way we live. Encouraging one another in the faith is more important, I would suggest; and as much as the Rapture and the glorious appearing of our God and Savior Jesus Christ is our great hope, there is a lot more to learn and to focus on in these last days.

We each need to learn more about our God; we each need to develop a closer, more obedient relationship with Him; and we each need to be encouraged and strengthened as we do the work He has called each of us to do, whatever that specific work may be. In view of this, I believe our emphasis on fellowship and the Word are what is most important. Matthew 24:46 comes to mind here.

Further, as much as I personally would like to see this site grow, and as much as Christians need a site like this in these rapidly darkening days, I cannot allow my focus to be on building the site membership. To me quality is more important than quantity. I am trusting God, that He will bring those people to this flock that He wants. My main duty has to be on maintaining this site for its purpose, and making sure each of those who are here are given the opportunity to be fed good spiritual food.

In view all of this, and trusting in God's leading, I have peace that our current board layout is correct. Fellowship and the Word are the most important parts of CCF and therefore should be remain first. I believe, therefore, that the news is in its proper place here.

I would like to thank @GLC11, @Baby Yoda, and @3Nails4Given for their input on this topic. God speaks in many ways, and that is why suggestions of any kind are always welcome here. Be assured that we will discuss each suggestion as a mod team (as we did in this case) and then they will be prayerfully considered. As much as I doubt myself, I always trust God to lead to correct decisions.
Thank you! I completely get it! 💜💜

Back