What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Israel spent $1.1b on nuclear weapons in 2023 - report

Breaking news:

Israel spent an estimated $1.1 billion on nuclear weapons in 2023, the International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons (ICAN) reported.

The ICAN pressure group was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 2017.

ICAN ranks Israel seventh in the world in terms of investment in nuclear weapons, just above Pakistan, which spent an estimated $1 billion last year, and North Korea, $900 million.

According to ICAN, Israel, the US, China, the UK, France, Russia, India, and North Korea spent a combined $91.4 billion on nuclear weapons in 2023.

More

I wonder if God will ever allow the use of nuclear weapons at all in the future. God alone may reserve the power to destroy His own creation.
God is in control no matter what is in the wicked hearts of man.
We know that God has firmly established the earth and it will never be destroyed, especially by the hands of man.
The first nuclear weapon used came in the form of the Atomic bomb the US used on Hiroshima Japan. It was horrible.
Apparently God permitted that.
Since then nuclear weapons have come to the degree where with so many nations in possession of them, the possibility to destroy all life on the planet exists and yet even with the extent of evil in the hearts of some men, they hold back, why? God is holding it back.
Humans have become so evil in their ways because of the spirit of Antichrist that's in the world.
But God holds the power to restrain evil from going too far, Because God has plans for His faithful.

So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth;
It shall not return to Me void,
But it shall accomplish what I please,
And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.
Isaiah 55:12

God may permit the use of nuclear weapons in a limited way, let's say Israel may use it to destroy Damascus. Maybe it may be used during the Tribulation. I really don't know but it's possible. But God would hold back an all out use of them to prevent a global calamity that isn't in His plan.

God may permit the use of nuclear weapons in a limited way, let's say Israel may use it to destroy Damascus. Maybe it may be used during the Tribulation. I really don't know but it's possible. But God would hold back an all out use of them to prevent a global calamity that isn't in His plan.
This makes me think of Mattew 24:21-22 ...

"21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened.​

In reading the Book of Revelation some of the descriptions of the judgments seem similar to the effects of nuclear radiation. So it is not outside the realm of possibility that at the end of the Great Tribulation humankind could be on the point of destroying itself by the use of nuclear weapons, which God will not permit. Therefore that eventuality would be prevented by the arrival of Jesus Christ, which will stop all conflict and human reign.

Breaking news:

Israel spent an estimated $1.1 billion on nuclear weapons in 2023, the International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons (ICAN) reported.

The ICAN pressure group was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 2017.

ICAN ranks Israel seventh in the world in terms of investment in nuclear weapons, just above Pakistan, which spent an estimated $1 billion last year, and North Korea, $900 million.

According to ICAN, Israel, the US, China, the UK, France, Russia, India, and North Korea spent a combined $91.4 billion on nuclear weapons in 2023.

More

I notice they didn't include Iran in the spend lots on nukes category. It's absent. Wonder why????? I doubt it's because Obama funded the program, and Biden turns a blind eye to it. NAH, couldn't possibly happen right???

Nuclear weapons could be possibly used, Bill Salus and Margery made mention that Jacob would be lean and bare possibly from a fallout of use from nukes ( LOL sorry Margery if i misquoted you) based on Isaiah 17:

"
declares the LORD of Hosts.
4“In that day the splendor of Jacob will fade,

and the fat of his body will waste away,

5as the reaper gathers the standing grain

and harvests the ears with his arm,

as one gleans heads of grain

in the Valley of Rephaim.

6Yet gleanings will remain,

like an olive tree that has been beaten—

two or three berries atop the tree,

four or five on its fruitful branches,”

Nuclear weapons could be possibly used, Bill Salus and Margery made mention that Jacob would be lean and bare possibly from a fallout of use from nukes ( LOL sorry Margery if i misquoted you) based on Isaiah 17:

"
declares the LORD of Hosts.
4“In that day the splendor of Jacob will fade,

and the fat of his body will waste away,

5as the reaper gathers the standing grain

and harvests the ears with his arm,

as one gleans heads of grain

in the Valley of Rephaim.

6Yet gleanings will remain,

like an olive tree that has been beaten—

two or three berries atop the tree,

four or five on its fruitful branches,”
You are absolutely right, I have thought for a long time based off many different authors (Bill among them) commenting on that passage, that northern Israel takes a horrendous hit whenever the Damascus destruction happens.

Hope we’re out of here for that. I don’t want to see a nuke used anywhere- even Iran. Actually, especially Iran. So many Christians there now.
I sort of wonder if the Christians (all of us) get yanked out of here before it all starts to get radioactive and ugly. I've long thought that the wording of Ezek 38 means we are out before that thing starts.

Even the Isaiah 17 Damascus passage (and related passages) sound like God is turning His focus back to Israel which hints that we are gone.

Jeremiah 49 and Ezek 32 which hold the Elam passages (and the other big Damascus passage) suggest that there is some big interconnected mess. And if Damascus looks like we are out before that, and Elam is tangled up with the other Damascus passage then it's a strong possibility that we aren't here (by we I mean all Christians across the globe)

It's not for sure, just what I see as a possibility, a hint.

Peace and Safety chatter, then :rapture: and sudden destruction.

With the little I know about Bible prophecy and all of this geopolitical stuff, I think the same way when I just read the straight wording of Ez 38. It sure looks like the earth is under God’s wrath to me!
When it comes to God's wrath, you ain't seen nothing yet! "For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be.” (Matthew 24:21) I don't think Jesus is engaging in hyperbole there. I think he meant exactly what He said: that when God pours out His wrath on this earth, it will be worse than anything that has ever happened on this planet ever before, including the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah and even the Great Flood of Noah's day. Those events, by comparison, will seem like a party. I can begin to imagine just how horrible, how filled with terror, God's judgments will be for those remaining of this earth. And what absolutely astounds me is the fact that rather than repenting, men will double down and curse God.

Back