What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IDF checking if Hamas leader Yahya Sinwar killed in Gaza strike

Kaatje

Unto Thee I lift my eyes. Ps. 123
Staff member
Hamas leader Yahya Sinwar may have been killed in a strike in Gaza, the IDF announced on Thursday.

"Initial report - During IDF operations in the Gaza Strip, three terrorists were eliminated. The IDF and ISA are checking the possibility that one of the terrorists was Yahya Sinwar. At this stage, the identity of the terrorists cannot be confirmed," the IDF said.

"In the building where the terrorists were eliminated, there were no signs of the presence of hostages in the area. The forces that are operating in the area are continuing to operate with the required caution."

This is a developing story.

Update:

Security officials: 'High chance that Sinwar was killed"​

------

On the body of the suspected body as Sinwar, the IDF found fake passports and lots of cash money!
No abductees were in his area.
Extensive searches are underway right now!

Israel’s defense minister basically confirms the death.
He quoted Leviticus 26:7

וּרְדַפְתֶּם, אֶת-אֹיְבֵיכֶם; וְנָפְלוּ לִפְנֵיכֶם, לֶחָרֶב.

And ye shall chase your enemies, and they shall fall before you by the sword.

Beyond the tactical achievement - there is also another, strategic achievement here.

On the reasonable assumption that Haya Sinwar was killed - his body is kept in Israel.
Hamas wants his body back? They must return all 101 abductees!

A few points before we get the final confirmation on Sinwar's elimination:

1. It won't take long. Israel has DNA samples, fingerprints, and everything needed of Sinwar - the man spent 22 years in an Israeli prison, was treated in Israeli hospitals while he had a head tumor.

2. This is a completely accidental encounter with our forces. Not a special operation, not a special unit of the IDF that eliminated him. What apparently started as a routine encounter with terrorists, may end up as an event that could change the face of the war.

3. Sinwar and the two terrorists he was with were killed when they had large amounts of Israeli money in cash as well as identity cards. Grenades and explosives were also found in the building, which our forces neutralized in order to remove the body for identification. This is an incident that occurred in a structure above ground and not in a tunnel.

4. ⁠Another tell-tale sign that may indicate that it is a Sinwar beyond the features of the face and teeth - the watch. Sinwar is known to have been secretly walking around Gaza for the past year without a mobile phone or walkie-talkies to prevent Israel from tracking him down - and the watch may hint at that.

(Moriah Asraf)

Here is what Hayom is reporting... This Is Netanyahu's favorite publication.

The body is currently in Israeli custody, and pathological examinations are being conducted to confirm its identity. It was also reported that money and identification documents were found on the body.

International media has also covered the reports from Gaza and Israel. Sky News Arabic cited Israeli sources stating that assessments are increasing that Sinwar was indeed killed. American officials told The New York Times that Israel informed them about the possibility of Sinwar's death.

In a joint statement from the IDF and Shin Bet spokespersons, it was stated: "During an IDF operation in the Gaza Strip, three terrorists were killed. The IDF and Shin Bet are investigating the possibility that one of the terrorists was Yahya Sinwar. At this stage, the identity of the terrorists cannot be confirmed."

The statement added: "In the building where the terrorists were killed, no signs of hostages were found. IDF and Shin Bet forces operating in the area continue to act with the necessary caution."

I suspect his death won't change much if anything. What's left of hamas is probably small cells operating independently. Israel just needs to continue to go after them until there is nothing left.
I think this is a game changer. Major morale booster for one. Time to hold Sinwar body hostage until ALL hostages are returned! This represents the final nail in the coffin of Hamas!

I think this is a game changer. Major morale booster for one. Time to hold Sinwar body hostage until ALL hostages are returned! This represents the final nail in the coffin of Hamas!
Agree. Killing the head off the snake is a huge win, even if it was not a targeted attack. However, who cares if he happened to be at the wrong place at the right time. Goodbye, and good riddance.

Anybody else noticed the resemblance between Sinwar and Achmed The Dead Terrorist puppet in Jeff Dunham’s comedy act?

Whenever I saw pictures of the man, I would note the resemblance.

So now life imitates art and he really is an Achmed The Dead Terrorist.

I’m sorry he’s in hell regretting all his life choices but I am extremely grateful that he’s gone, and can’t inflict any more pain, suffering and harm to innocent Israeli lives.

If his body can be used as a bargaining chip to save the lives of the hostages great!

If not then pickle him in pork fat as an object lesson for all who aspire to be like him!

Israel Police: The Police Identification Division identified Sinwar's body thanks to photos from the area. The identification procedure by comparing teeth is a quick and accurate procedure that was used more than once throughout the war and since October 7th.

Anybody else noticed the resemblance between Sinwar and Achmed The Dead Terrorist puppet in Jeff Dunham’s comedy act?

Whenever I saw pictures of the man, I would note the resemblance.

So now life imitates art and he really is an Achmed The Dead Terrorist.

I’m sorry he’s in hell regretting all his life choices but I am extremely grateful that he’s gone, and can’t inflict any more pain, suffering and harm to innocent Israeli lives.

If his body can be used as a bargaining chip to save the lives of the hostages great!

If not then pickle him in pork fat as an object lesson for all who aspire to be like him!
Yes. To add I always thought his puppet Walter the grumpy old man was spot on for Biden. LOL!

FM Katz gives first official confirmation of Sinwar's death​

The death of Hamas leader Yahya Sinwar creates an opening for the immediate release of the remaining 101 hostages, Foreign Minister Israel Katz said in a message he sent to his global counterparts on Thursday night.

“Sinwar’s assassination creates a possibility for the immediate release of the hostages and could lead to a new reality in Gaza - without Hamas and without Iranian control,” Katz said.

“This is a great military and moral achievement for Israel and a victory for the entire free world against the evil axis of extreme Islam led by Iran.

“Israel needs your support and assistance now more than ever to advance these important goals together,” Katz stated.

Back