What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

House GOP Passes Controversial Bill Labeling Certain Christian Scriptures as ‘Antisemitic,’ Sparking Fears of Criminalizing Religious Beliefs

The House of Representatives passed the “Antisemitism Awareness Act” (H.R. 6090) on Wednesday, which has sparked significant debate over the interpretation of religious texts and the definition of hate speech.

The bill, aimed at curbing hate speech amid heightened tensions on college campuses concerning Israel, has seen a significant majority of Republicans in support, while a coalition of Democrats and Republicans opposed it, citing free speech concerns.....

.....Gaetz cited scriptural passages to underscore his argument that the bill’s broad definition of antisemitism could encompass fundamental Christian beliefs.

“Acts 4:10 Be it known to you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead, by him this man is standing before you well.

Complete Article:

I have been completely shocked by this. I know Franklin Graham pleaded this week to Marjorie Taylor Greene to not go through with filing her motion for the speaker to vacate. Referencing over and over how the speaker loves God and seeks guidance from God on a daily basis.

Reps pointed out this problem with the language in this bill… and he still passed it? Knowing that it says that stating Christ was crucified by Jews is crime?

Technically it was the Romans who crucified Christ. But it was the Jews who wanted it and turned Him over to them. However, truth be told, it was we who crucified Christ. It was our sins that sent Him to the cross. Since this was the only way in which humankind could be reconciled to God, I believe it is wrong for us to try to attribute blame to anyone else, other than ourselves.

It's all my fault. I'm chiefest among sinners :tap:

O, Almighty God, merciful Father, I, a poor, miserable sinner, confess unto Thee all my sins and iniquities with which I have ever offended Thee, and justly deserved Thy temporal and eternal punishment. But I am heartily sorry for them and sincerely repent of them, and I pray Thee of Thy boundless mercy, and for the sake of holy, innocent, bitter sufferings and death of Thy beloved Son, Jesus Christ, to be gracious and merciful to me, a poor sinful being.

EDITED TO FIX CELL PHONE POSTING ISSUES :lol:

I was watching a few YT vids about all this and noted that the thin margin of more elephants than donkeys, etc. is getting closer and closer to going back to the liberals. If true, he is on short time as SOTH. I support him but I also like Greene and other conservatives that are in the battle every day. It's a hard thing right now to be a conservative b/c they do NOT team up together. There's too much division and too much compromise. Not sure what will happen but Tip O'Neill went 3 or 4 decades in leadership of the house. Conservatives can't go 12 to 24 months without an explosion. Not good.

Technically it was the Romans who crucified Christ. But it was the Jews who wanted it and turned Him over to them. However, truth be told, it was we who crucified Christ. It was our sins that sent Him to the cross. Since this was the only way in which humankind could be reconciled to God, I believe it is wrong for us to try to attribute blame to anyone else, other than ourselves.
Amen. We put Jesus on the cross because of our sins, and He willingly permitted it because He loves us so much to suffer in our place to not only pay for our sins but to reconcile us to The Father and make us His Bride. True Love

The scriptures do reference God's people as having pierced Jesus and will mourn when they see Him coming on the clouds...

10 “And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and please for mercy, so that, when they look on me, on him whom they have pierced, they shall mourn for him, as one mourns for an only child, and weep bitterly over him, as one weeps over a firstborn.
Zechariah 12:10

37 "And again another Scripture says, “They will look on him whom they have pierced.”
John 19:37

7 Behold, vhe is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him. Even so. Amen."
Revelation 1:7

The problem with using this Bill which once it passes the Senate will become Law, is that this will open a very dangerous door to add more from the Bible to the category of "hate speech " to whatever they don't agree with.

It's a very bad Bill. Like I told someone earlier today, our disgust ought to be directed at the Bill itself and let God do His Righteous Judging of whoever approved of it because only He can read the heart. Praying for them is the appropriate thing to do

Amen. We put Jesus on the cross because of our sins, and He willingly permitted it because He loves us so much to suffer in our place to not only pay for our sins but to reconcile us to The Father and make us His Bride. True Love

The scriptures do reference God's people as having pierced Jesus and will mourn when they see Him coming on the clouds...
This is the heart of the issue :hug:

What I need to get through my thick nogign is that most Jews really hate that God's judgement of them is the same in both the Old and New Testaments.

As I listened to a Jewish commentator's podcast (JNS, it was Jonathan Tobin, he's Carolyn Glick's editor) and he loves HR 6090, absolutely loves it. Then it dawned on me how last summer Carolyn Glick was boldly condemning Christians who live in Israel, especially Jewish believers. This side of Jews who I listen to rarely comes out because many Christians are big supporters of Zionism. And it's uncomfortable to think about, but most Jews probably hate the NT.

Yet God has a salvific future for Israel, and in love I need to bear witness that Jesus is waiting to return after Israel sees that she did pierce Him, her Messiah.

That’s not good that they put #9 in there, because now some democrat can demand that those applicable Bible verses are no longer printed in Bibles. Just to harass Christians.
And I don’t understand why Johnson would find that acceptable wording.

And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
Revelation 22:19, KJV

That’s not good that they put #9 in there, because now some democrat can demand that those applicable Bible verses are no longer printed in Bibles. Just to harass Christians.
And I don’t understand why Johnson would find that acceptable wording.
Perhaps someone found a skeleton in his closet and threatened to expose it . . . seems to be a lot of that in DC these days :cry:

Back