What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GOP closed out Day 1 of its national convention with a prayer to pagan god ‘Waheguru’ Christian observers were troubled by the Republican Party allowi

(LifeSiteNews) — Last night’s opening session of the GOP National Convention, which earlier in the day had officially nominated Donald J. Trump as the party’s 2024 presidential candidate, closed out with a prayer to a god other than Jesus Christ, the genderless god of the Sihk religion that believes in rebirth and karma.

High-profile Republican attorney Harmeet Dhillon took to the podium, covered her head, and chanted the “ardas” prayer to “Waheguru, our one true God” seeking blessing upon and protection for the candidacy of former President Trump.

“Imagine getting on a massive cult of personality emotional high watching Trump survive assassination, convince yourself that he has some kind of mandate from heaven, and then see the RNC open with a prayer to a demon,” said Ben Zeisloft, editor of the Republic Sentinel.

“America must turn to the Triune God. Not to Allah. Not to Vishnu. Not to ‘Waheguru,’” Zeisloft declared in a subsequent post on X, adding, “Jesus Christ alone is Lord, King, and Judge of all the earth. We must repent and trust in him or else expect his righteous judgments.”

More

They are really pushing the "big tent" narrative this election. Politically, I get it. They say they "have" to win.

I was so tired, and my lip was so swollen I could barely speak. By the time it was over, I was spaced out and was wondering if it was a Christian prayer in another language. I'm glad I didn't say "amen", even if by ignorance and perhaps especially so.

They are really pushing the "big tent" narrative this election. Politically, I get it. They say they "have" to win.
I am kind of surmising that the only thing Trump is going to be the same on this time around is being pro-Israel.
I really think he has watered down everything else, for Big Tent.
And I think he is choosing to surround himself with untrustworthy people....again.

But pro-Israel would be a reason for God to keep him in public eye.

Just pondering today.... 🤔

I am kind of surmising that the only thing Trump is going to be the same on this time around is being pro-Israel.
And I think he is choosing to surround himself with untrustworthy people....again.

Just pondering today.
I can see that as well, But remember Trump is also for dividing Israel into a two state solution. Dividing Israel will provoke God's wrath.

I will also gather all nations,
And bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat;
And I will enter into judgment with them there
On account of My people, My heritage Israel,
Whom they have scattered among the nations;
They have also divided up My land. Joel 3:2

Just pondering today.... 🤔
Buckle up, eh?

I can see that as well, But remember Trump is also for dividing Israel into a two state solution. Dividing Israel will provoke God's wrath.

Interesting.
Wonder if God will allow him into office.

Why is it that Amir always says Trump is so pro-Israel?

Interesting.
Wonder if God will allow him into office.
Well God is Who removes kings and raises them. Daniel 2:21 and God will raise up a leader for His purpose to carry out His will.
Maybe God will use Trump in some way and maybe Trump may be like King Nebuchadnezzar who was a wicked king but God humbled him and he did recognize God and gave Him Glory

'Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise and extol and honor the King of heaven, all of whose works are truth, and His ways justice. And those who walk in pride He is able to put down"
Daniel 4:37

They may have allowed the Hindu woman onstage on the first day to pray to God following the prayer by the Roman Catholic priest because JD Vance's wife is Hindu, while he is Roman Catholic. On the second day they had a born again minister from Chicago's southside offer the closing prayer. That man knew how and to Whom and in Whose name to pray!

They may have allowed the Hindu woman onstage on the first day to pray to God following the prayer by the Roman Catholic priest because JD Vance's wife is Hindu, while he is Roman Catholic. On the second day they had a born again minister from Chicago's southside offer the closing prayer. That man knew how and to Whom and in Whose name to pray!
True but when having prayer, only the prayers to the True God ought to be used, and not a mixture of Christianity and Paganism that doesn't glorify God and does not Honor Him

"And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever?"
2 Corinthians 6:15

One problem with many Christians today is that Tolerance has become a practice in order to get the approval of man, rather than God, even if it means going against God's righteous commands and having the belief that God's Grace equals acceptance of sin and have no regard for His Patience for repentance and His desire that no one perishes in their sins. 2 Peter 3:9
The church today needs to repent and turn back to the foundation of the Gospel Jesus taught. This is why Jesus addresses the seven churches in Revelation.

Back