What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

God still answers prayer! Even the seeming impossible ones.

mattfivefour

Admin/Pastor
Staff member
While being powerfully moved upon by the Holy Spirit during our devotions this (Thursday, September 12) morning, Andrea and I received a text message from a dear friend and retired minister who lives in Kentwood, Louisiana. He had called us the day before because hurricane Francine was barreling toward his state and projections had its most damaging center traveling right over his community. He is elderly and lives alone on a small acreage and asked us to pray for God's protection. We prayed with him and assured him we would continue to pray that God would spare him. I reminded him of pictures of tornado-devastated areas where everything was flattened except one or two houses in the middle that were left intact. I told him I was praying that when the storm hit that would happen for him. But Andrea had a better idea. She began praying that God would turn the storm 90° away from the path it was on and he would be safe.

So, as I said at the beginning, this morning Andrea and I were being touched by a very powerful move of the Holy Spirit during our morning devotions, and right in the middle we got the text notification. Seeing it was from our brother in Louisiana, we stopped our worship, opened the message, and as we read its contents we began shouting with joy, declaring the glory of God!

It began with the words: "Thanks for your prayers!!! 🙏 They were answered 🙌.” And it contained a map of the hurricane's track. The track showed the hurricane barreling north and heading straight for Kentwood. Then, about 40 miles south of Kentwood, it made an abrupt 90° turn to the east, traveled east for about 40 or 50 miles and then turned north again, resuming it's original direction! Glory to God!!! He answered all of our prayers for our brother in Christ.

Kentwood only got some peripheral high winds and rain that brought down some tree limbs; but that was all. The main fury of the storm literally changed course so as to miss the town. That, my friends, can only be described as a miracle, especially since such an event had been prayed for.

Personally, when Andrea began praying for the storm to make a 90° turn to the right, I was skeptical; I thought that was asking too much. But I was wrong. The storm did exactly what Andrea had prayed for.

I've learned a fresh lesson from this: never, ever limit your prayers through human thinking ... because God cannot be limited. We may think a prayer is ridiculous, or too far out there. But we forget just who God is. When we pray, He can --and will-- do exceedingly abundantly beyond what we can even hope or think! But if we do not ask, we will not receive. So, remember-- we serve a big God; and therefore when we ask we should ask BIG. Glory to His Name!!! \o/ \o/ \o/

If I could heart this 100 times I would! I am right now praying the impossible for both of my sons, one for God to please restore his eyesight as he is almost blind. I know it is certainly not something God can't do but will He, is He willing? I really feel led to pray that way but I also know God doesn't often do miracle healings in this age. Anyway I rejoice with you and your pastor friend that this prayer was answered so amazingly.

How wonderful to see God's faithfulness in answer to prayer! Praise God!

And, how precious that Andrea gets to see how God attentively listens to her requests to Him. That her prayers have great influence with God, according to His will. That she's precious and important to the Lord as we all are. :)

And what a testimony of God's caring love to all his children involved, especially your friend. The creator of the universe graciously moving on behalf of one in danger, and not forgotten.

Yes, we can pray about anything.... the skies (or rather, the Heaven's) the limit!

:blessed:

If I could heart this 100 times I would! I am right now praying the impossible for both of my sons, one for God to please restore his eyesight as he is almost blind. I know it is certainly not something God can't do but will He, is He willing? I really feel led to pray that way but I also know God doesn't often do miracle healings in this age. Anyway I rejoice with you and your pastor friend that this prayer was answered so amazingly.
Andrea and I will join you in prayer for your son's blindness.

How wonderful to see God's faithfulness in answer to prayer! Praise God!

And, how precious that Andrea gets to see how God attentively listens to her requests to Him. That her prayers have great influence with God, according to His will. That she's precious and important to the Lord as we all are. :)

And what a testimony of God's caring love to all his children involved, especially your friend. The creator of the universe graciously moving on behalf of one in danger, and not forgotten.

Yes, we can pray about anything.... the skies (or rather, the Heaven's) the limit!

:blessed:
Amen!!!

Back