What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gazans wave white flags, flee Hamas in IDF corridor

Kaatje

Unto Thee I lift my eyes. Ps. 123
Staff member
The IDF said it would open a civilian evacuation corridor on Salah al-Din Street in the Gaza Strip from north to south Gaza from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Wednesday.

"For your safety, take advantage of the time to move south beyond Wadi Gaza. The northern Gaza Strip area is considered a fierce combat zone, and time is running out to evacuate it. Join hundreds of thousands who have responded to calls and moved south in recent days," said the IDF spokesperson to Arabic media, Avichay Adraee.

The IDF released footage of Palestinians heading south along the evacuation route, saying thousands of people had evacuated on Wednesday.

On Tuesday, the IDF published footage showing civilians evacuating along the route as an IDF tank protected them. In recent days, the IDF said that Hamas had fired at civilians attempting to evacuate in an effort to force them to stay in northern Gaza.

Further:

The civilians have a better chance to flee now that the IDF is helping them, but I wonder how many Hamas are going to use that corridor. We already know that Hamas was trying to leave Gaza in ambulances when the corridor opened up for aid through Egypt.

Back