What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Don’t Be Fooled: God’s Word is Reliable :: By Sean Gooding

Andy C

Well-known
2 Timothy 3:16-17

“All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.”

2 Peter 1:20-21

“Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet’s own interpretation. For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.”

Psalm 119: 160

“The entirety of Your word is truth, and every one of Your righteous judgments endures forever.”

Last week, we took a look at God’s Love at work and expressed as He pursues the lost people of the world. In these last days, God has turned up the expansion of the Gospel using the very tools of the devil. The platforms that seemed to defy God and hate God tried to talk about how unreliable the Bible is and how Christians are ‘kooks’ have become the very platforms for God. The Gospel is exported to millions around the world using these platforms. We have seen some of the most outspoken haters of God become saved and begin to preach the Gospel.

One of the things as a pastor that I want to do is to equip the people I serve with confidence in the Bible. If one were to hear and listen to many, some think that the Bible is made of unprovable myths and stories that teach nice ideas but are not from God. There are reliable ways to show that the Bible is a very accurate book in all that it talks about.

As we see in the verses above, we are told that the Bible is reliable and that it is the truth. So, my hope in this writing is to provide my church folks and other readers with some reliable information to bolster confidence in the Bible. We are not called to have blind faith in the Bible or God, for that matter. We have strong reasons to have confidence in the Bible and its teachings and promises.

Back