What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Consumers Finally Get Some Relief From Inflation As Prices Decline for First Month Since 2020

I guess I'll have to trade in my organic Yubari melons, ferried from the shores of Japan to the coasts of the east where I reside, tied in ribbons, sprinkled with 24 karat golden flakes, and serenaded by one thousand mermaids for run-of-the-mill Joe Banjo cantaloupes, since they won't be going down anytime soon.... Ta! 🧚‍♂️

I went into Office Depot to buy some envelopes today.

The shelf tag indicated $32.97 for a box containing one-hundred (100) number 10 peel-and-stick Office Depot security envelopes :yikes:
Nothing special, but I guess Office Depot thinks they are. I hope they still think they're special because I left them there.

The tag matched the barcode on the box of envelopes :(

I got my envelopes at Walgreen's

Shrinkflation hit WF 365 Organic orange juice (OOJ)

IIRC, pre-pandemic price for a real half gallon of WF house brand OOJ was $1.69 (compared to $1.29 for not-organic)

It was bad enough when they reduced the size of the carton from 64 to 59 ounces.
Now, it's 52 ounces and the same price. $4.33 today, subject to seasonal fluctuations.
Almost a 12 percent drop in quantity/increase in price. Plus, the place the WF is located that I usually go to now taxes
OOJ because it's a ready-to-drink beverage, no different than pop. IDK if they're taxing milk, coffee, tea, water, etc.

:mad: :apost: :ban:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, they made the little pull ring inside the screw-on cap out of a stretchy, cheap plastic that broke when I tried to open the carton, necessitating use of a sharp knife to open the container, thus creating another utensil to wash

:mad: :apost: :ban:

Bet the CPI items TPTB use to calculate Social Security, etc. COLA doesn't include orange juice.

Back