What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa Leader Dismisses Israel’s Present Right to Their Homeland!

Matthew6:33

Set your face like flint - Isaiah 50:7
Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa Leader Dismisses Israel’s Present Right to Their Homeland!
August 16, 2024 by Lighthouse Trails Editors

LTRP Note: The following is posted for informational and research purposes. By Emergent Watch In the latest example of the errors of Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa leadership – Brian Broderson – currently co-pastoring with his son Char Brodersen – let’s Char take callers on live on KWVE radio (the program CC founder Pastor Chuck Smith …

https://www.lighthousetrailsresearc...sses-israels-present-right-to-their-homeland/

Yep he is the rogue Calvary Chapel pastor who caused the split after Chuck Smith’s death
In early 2014 I was at a conference of Calvary Chapel pastors at which Chuck Smith's brother Paul was present. The purpose of the meeting was to organize pastors to try and prevent the Brian Broderson takeover of the Calvary Chapel movement. The things I heard about Brian, his actions, and his beliefs, convinced me that these pastors were right to try and fight his leadership. Unfortunately, it did not stop him. Through the grace of God he was forced to give a different name to the organization after he took control; but the split he introduced into the Calvary Chapel movement is irreversible.

Sadly, Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa California is no longer the lighthouse at the center of the Calvary Chapel movement, even though it bears the Calvary Chapel name. And also sadly, a significant number of Calvary Chapels follow Broderson. The CC name on a church is no longer a guarantee of doctrinal soundness.

There was a start up here in Kamloops, and I got quite excited, but it turned out to be one of the Broderson bunch. Into all kinds of NAR stuff which had me alarmed, and that was how I dug a little deeper and realized just which CC it was. Brian Broderson is really bad. When Chuck was alive Brian was able to look and sound good. I bought one of his books- back in 2012 the year before Chuck died. It was on discernment in which he was dismantling some of the Emergent church stuff- BUT within a few years Chuck was gone and he was running with the crowd that he'd been critiquing. And embracing the same errors he'd criticized plus more.

There was a start up here in Kamloops, and I got quite excited, but it turned out to be one of the Broderson bunch. Into all kinds of NAR stuff which had me alarmed, and that was how I dug a little deeper and realized just which CC it was. Brian Broderson is really bad. When Chuck was alive Brian was able to look and sound good. I bought one of his books- back in 2012 the year before Chuck died. It was on discernment in which he was dismantling some of the Emergent church stuff- BUT within a few years Chuck was gone and he was running with the crowd that he'd been critiquing. And embracing the same errors he'd criticized plus more.
Kind of sad the way apparently Chuck Smith's daughter (married to Bordersen) and Chuck Smith 'Junior' both caused a lot of trouble for their dad and his devotion to the integrity of Scripture. :(

Kind of sad the way apparently Chuck Smith's daughter (married to Bordersen) and Chuck Smith 'Junior' both caused a lot of trouble for their dad and his devotion to the integrity of Scripture. :(
very! But it often happens that way. Satan attacks Preacher's Kids. Pain in the family, possible disqualification, bad witness. Same for King David, Samuel and Eli before him.

According to Chuck's brother Paul, Chuck's mind was going toward the end, and Brian was able to trick Chuck into making it appear that Chuck was supporting him. At the conference I attended in early 2014, Paul spoke out very strongly against what Brian was doing.
Paul was really attacked for speaking the truth if I recall correctly. He endured a lot.

I see it this way.
All of the splitting going on with the church is consistent with the last days separating of the wheat and the tares.
The True church and the infiltrated false church is being exposed because the time is near for the Great Harvest with the Rapture of The Church for our Blessed Hope, and "judgement begins with the house of God" and that's what the false church is being harvested for.

"Another parable He put forth to them, saying: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field; 25 but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way. 26 But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared. 27 So the servants of the owner came and said to him, ‘Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?’ 28 He said to them, ‘An enemy has done this.’ The servants said to him, ‘Do you want us then to go and gather them up?’ 29 But he said, ‘No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn.” Matthew 13:24-30

I see it this way.
All of the splitting going on with the church is consistent with the last days separating of the wheat and the tares.
The True church and the infiltrated false church is being exposed because the time is near for the Great Harvest with the Rapture of The Church for our Blessed Hope, and "judgement begins with the house of God" and that's what the false church is being harvested for.

"Another parable He put forth to them, saying: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field; 25 but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way. 26 But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared. 27 So the servants of the owner came and said to him, ‘Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?’ 28 He said to them, ‘An enemy has done this.’ The servants said to him, ‘Do you want us then to go and gather them up?’ 29 But he said, ‘No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, “First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn.” Matthew 13:24-30
Oh wow Rose - I posted my reply to Bethlehem57 before I read this post of yours. 🙂 Yes - wheat and tares.

There was a start up here in Kamloops, and I got quite excited, but it turned out to be one of the Broderson bunch. Into all kinds of NAR stuff which had me alarmed, and that was how I dug a little deeper and realized just which CC it was.

My Calvary Chapel is very good with one exception, they use a lot of songs from the NAR sources, which means they're paying the bad guys royalties :(.

My Calvary Chapel is very good with one exception, they use a lot of songs from the NAR sources, which means they're paying the bad guys royalties :(.
Gosh that’s too bad. Just keep praying the pastor will get convicted about it and put his foot down. Better yet, that the worship leader would get convicted about it.
My church has a few annoyances too. I just try to look at them as overall wonderful but imperfect.

If it had just been the music I'd have no problems attending, it was the conferences and the speakers that they were promoting, they were straight out of the NAR groups- I remember seeing the Bethel church Redding California one and others I knew about. They were face first deep into the apostasy as they were trying to do a church plant. I don't know how they did, I should go look and see sometime.

I see it this way.

Exactly 3 categories of people-- believers, unbelievers, and make believers.

Back