What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BREAKING REPORT: Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky Approved Operation to Blow Up the Russian Gas Nord Stream Pipeline to Europe

• German prosecutors on Thursday issued the first arrest warrant in their investigation into the undersea explosions in 2022 that blew up the Nord Stream gas pipelines to Europe.

• German media outlets reported in a joint report that federal prosecutors obtained an arrest warrant in June against a Ukrainian national who may be living in Poland.

• The individual was identified as Volodymyr Z. (what a strange coincidence?)

According to reports: The CIA knew Ukraine blew it up – and the CIA and Biden regime lied to the American public for two years now!

More

When I was stationed in Germany decades ago, the German people, especially in West Germany, almost worshipped the government. They did whatever the government said, with no question and no thought about right and wrong, because in their minds, the government was always right. If someone dared to question something, the standard answer was, "The government says so/requires it." When I realized what was going on, it made sense how and why the Holocaust happened :mad: :apost: :ban: 😭

This was further reinforced when I saw how liberal the State Lutheran church was, versus how conservative the not-state-church was, and the officially sanctioned, widespread discrimination against members of the conservative, not-state church.

I was so blessed by the little on-base Lutheran congregation (rare, asLutherans almost always lumped in with General Protestant), and happy they had a partnership with the conservative not-State church :)

The Germans I knew from East Germany thumbed their noses at whatever government said/policies as much as they thought they could get away with. Below-the-radar dissidents, more like Russians than West Germans. West Germans were far more materialistic and very racist/ethnist. In the East, German wasn't spoken in a lot of places: Russian or English, but NO German, and people helped one another very freely. I think it was soon enough after Hitler and Stalin that people in East Germany, Poland, and Czechoslovakia still had very bad feelings and blame toward Germany for everything that had been suffered.
Well that is interesting - I ended up editing because I realized I said West but meant to say East. Some of what you say he attributed to East not West. Unless I’m not remembering right? Maybe there are pockets of communist strongholds everywhere in Germany. But that is super interesting how many speak Russian in East Germany!
Hmmmmmm

Well that is interesting - I ended up editing because I realized I said West but meant to say East. Some of what you say he attributed to East not West. Unless I’m not remembering right? Maybe there are pockets of communist strongholds everywhere in Germany. But that is super interesting how many speak Russian in East Germany!
Hmmmmmm

They spoke Russian in many parts of East Germany because they were part of WARSAW Pact with USSR, so administrative, trade, etc. was in Russian, not German. Also many ethnic Russians, Poles, etc. there. There was a LOT of heartburn over Hitler and what he did and how it resulted in the division of Germany and loss of freedom. The Germans, Poles, and Czechoslovakians didn't like USSR and resisted the best they could, but they held Hitler, the German government, and the wealthy West Germans responsible for what happened to them both during and after WWII. Even doing something small and insignificant, in defiance of what USSR and/or national Communist government said was a source of great glee :)

I learned this in a shop in the east. I wanted a gingerbread boy cookie cutter and the proprietor, a woman probably in her 50s or early 60s, didn't speak German or more than a few words of English. I was finally able to communicate with her using Russian.

Hmmmmmm

Although Naziism/Nazi party is officially outlawed in Germany, there are many, many Nazis. Flying or otherwise displaying the Nazi flag is illegal, but only selectively enforced. (primarily in tourist areas and areas where US/other foreign military stationed)

The town where I lived was full of high-ranking Nazis, unbeknowst to me until a specific day when virtually every residence and most of the shops were flying a Nazi flag :eek: My landlord's huge house included :yikes: But not the small apartment building I lived in (whew!)

Although Naziism/Nazi party is officially outlawed in Germany, there are many, many Nazis. Flying or otherwise displaying the Nazi flag is illegal, but only selectively enforced. (primarily in tourist areas and areas where US/other foreign military stationed)

The town where I lived was full of high-ranking Nazis, unbeknowst to me until a specific day when virtually every residence and most of the shops were flying a Nazi flag :eek: My landlord's huge house included :yikes: But not the small apartment building I lived in (whew!)
What?? The historical one with the swastika on it??? That must have been so creepy - my goodness.

What?? The historical evil one with the swastika on it??? That must have been so creepy - my goodness.

Fixed it for you :lol:

Yes, that one. There were some variations,indicating Gestapo, etc. It was long enough ago that many of the people flying those flags had served, governed, and/or lived under it. Including my landlord. He was in the German Navy.

That was the day I figured out why some people working in stores looked hard at me, and it wasn't my horrible German or American accent: the cross my then husband had given me that I wore on the outside of my civilian clothes was Messianic, so it had a dove and a Star of David, as well as the cross :rofl: I didn't quit wearing it :)

I have a book written by an East German who grew up to become a spy for Russia in America where he found Christ. An amazing story. He goes by the name Jack Barsky now.

It's called Deep Under Cover by Jack Barsky with Cindy Coloma and there is a fascinating afterword by Joe Reilly former FBI special agent who arrested him and debriefed him - a very real spy who came in from the cold story.

How he found Christ is even more wonderful.

He was born Albrecht Dittricht in East Germany to young dedicated Communist parents 4 years after the war ended.

He operated as a deep cover agent starting in October of 1978 when he landed in Canada as William Dyson, shed that identity and went down into America (open borders were a hazard then and now) taking on his American identity of Jack Barsky and lived in New York reporting to Moscow.

By 1988 he severed ties with Russia, but continued to work in IT (Information Tech) in his American identity.

In 1997 he was arrested by Joe Reilly and in 2015 60 Minutes ran a story on him.

The book is well worth reading. Published in 2017 by Tyndale

He discusses the kinds of things going on in East Germany under the Russian occupation years, the cultural differences when he went to Moscow for training and all kinds of fascinating details.

How he came to Christ after he became a proper fully American is another part of the story.

HIGHLY recommend it.

BTW the Stasi (east German secret police) were even more efficient than the Chinese Social Credit scoring system. If you thought that was bad, the Stasi did far more with less computer tech at their fingertips in the Russian occupation years.

I learned a bit about it from a friend of mind who was caught on the East side as a child with her family when the war ended. They escaped and came to Canada but she and her family later learned how deeply the Stasi had burrowed into the families and friends all thru East Germany. They had blackmail info on everyone, and relationships and families were broken and scarred when the truth started to come out after the wall came down and Germany reunited.

EVERYONE became an informant. There was no escape.

Angela Merkel like most other East Germans would have a file filled with potentially damaging blackmail type info that would be duplicated in Moscow. Putin was involved as he worked in East Germany before the wall came down, as the USSR crumbled to bits.

Back