What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bible Verses About NOT Trusting Man

I'm a bit conflicted with this because i had a massive argument with my partner when she said she doesn't trust anybody in relation to our work , i then asked if this also included myself and she said yes and then proceeded to say that the bible says to only trust God.

All the scripture you have provided above seems to support my partners statement , however, i'm now confused now whether we should trust our spouses or any other relationship now that these verses seem to indicate otherwise.

I'm a bit conflicted with this because i had a massive argument with my partner when she said she doesn't trust anybody in relation to our work , i then asked if this also included myself and she said yes and then proceeded to say that the bible says to only trust God.

All the scripture you have provided above seems to support my partners statement , however, i'm now confused now whether we should trust our spouses or any other relationship now that these verses seem to indicate otherwise.
First let me say of course we should trust our spouse! A good marriage cannot work without trust.

Where the problem is in what English words mean. It is not always clear and people think the same word means something different. So let me try to explain what the Bible is saying. The trust we are to have for God is speaking of TRUTH. It is not speaking of general trust of someone.

Notice what Jesus says about himself below.
John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

God is the truth, Jesus is the truth , the Holy Spirit is the truth and God's Word is the truth! The reason I posted what I did is to get some to stop believing what man says as TRUTH if it does not come from the Bible. Many people and to be honest me at one time, just believe anything that their Pastor tells them as truth whether it is in the Bible or not. Some even believe what their Pastor says when it contradicts the Bible!

So the point is when it comes to truth, we Christians should trust God's Word (The Bible) over anyone including our spouse. For things that the Bible does not specifically state, of course we should trust our spouse!

I hope that makes sense, but if not please let me know what part you don't understand.
😍

Here are some Bible verses about love, the last one should make you feel better. 😊

1 Corinthians 13:4 Love is kind and patient, never jealous, boastful, proud, or
1 Corinthians 13:5 rude. Love isn't selfish or quick tempered. It doesn't keep a record of wrongs that others do.
1 Corinthians 13:6 Love rejoices in the truth, but not in evil.
1 Corinthians 13:7 Love is always supportive, loyal, hopeful, and trusting.
You may want to also read my post below.

First let me say of course we should trust our spouse! A good marriage cannot work without trust.

Where the problem is in what English words mean. It is not always clear and people think the same word means something different. So let me try to explain what the Bible is saying. The trust we are to have for God is speaking of TRUTH. It is not speaking of general trust of someone.

Notice what Jesus says about himself below.
John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

God is the truth, Jesus is the truth , the Holy Spirit is the truth and God's Word is the truth! The reason I posted what I did is to get some to stop believing what man says as TRUTH if it does not come from the Bible. Many people and to be honest me at one time, just believe anything that their Pastor tells them as truth whether it is in the Bible or not. Some even believe what their Pastor says when it contradicts the Bible!

So the point is when it comes to truth, we Christians should trust God's Word (The Bible) over anyone including our spouse. For things that the Bible does not specifically state, of course we should trust our spouse!

I hope that makes sense, but if not please let me know what part you don't understand.
😍
LOL it may or may not start round 2 with my partner so i should try and say it as lovingly as possible but thanks for clarifying that

Here are some Bible verses about love, the last one should make you feel better. 😊

1 Corinthians 13:4 Love is kind and patient, never jealous, boastful, proud, or
1 Corinthians 13:5 rude. Love isn't selfish or quick tempered. It doesn't keep a record of wrongs that others do.
1 Corinthians 13:6 Love rejoices in the truth, but not in evil.
1 Corinthians 13:7 Love is always supportive, loyal, hopeful, and trusting.
You may want to also read my post below.
This post will definitely help,thanks a lot for taking the time to do that

LOL it may or may not start round 2 with my partner so i should try and say it as lovingly as possible but thanks for clarifying that
Absolutely you should speak to her as lovingly as possible! Getting real angry and arguing is a waste of time as no one is really listening with the thought of changing their mind. They only listen just enough to try and convince the other person of their view.

I would suggest that you speak to her about what LOVE is based on the Bible and say that you both should try your best to show each other love. If you can get her to agree with that, you may want to show her what I put together below that spells out all 15 points regarding love. I would suggest that you don't point it out but just let her notice point 13 on her own. You don't want to come at her with the approach of, see I was right!

What is love?

1 Corinthians 13:4 Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous, it does not brag, and it is not proud.
1 Corinthians 13:5 Love is not rude, it is not selfish, and it cannot be made angry easily. Love does not remember wrongs done against it.
1 Corinthians 13:6 Love is never happy when others do wrong, but it is always happy with the truth.
1 Corinthians 13:7 Love never gives up on people. It never stops trusting, never loses hope, and never quits.

1) Is patient
2) Is kind
3) Is not jealous
4) Does not brag
5) Is not proud
6) Is not rude
7) Is not selfish
8) Cannot be made angry easily
9) Does not remember wrongs
10) Is never happy when others do wrong
11) Is always happy with the truth
12) Never gives up on people