What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Gospel

Goodboy

Just waiting for the Rapture at this point!
Another Gospel

Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
Romans 5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
Romans 5:14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.
Romans 5:15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

Galatians 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
Galatians 1:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
Galatians 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Galatians 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

In Galatians chapter 1
Paul states that the Galatians had strayed from the Gospel of grace to what Paul called another gospel. Paul then states that anyone preaching another gospel should be accursed.

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?
Galatians 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Galatians 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh

In Galatians chapter 3 Paul asks the Galatians “Who has bewitched you?” You noticed he did not say “Who has fooled you?”, because he needed to use something much stronger. Bewitched is like looking at an elephant and thinking it is a mouse.

Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
Galatians 5:2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.
Galatians 5:3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.
Galatians 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.
Galatians 5:5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
Galatians 5:6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.
Galatians 5:7 Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?

In Galatians chapter 5 Paul talks about what this other gospel is, which in the Galatians case was adding circumcision as a part of salvation. Paul’s point is that adding any additional requirement for salvation corrupts the original message of a free gift.

So really think about this for a moment. Being circumcised is really not much of a requirement. It is a one time event, which is far easier than trying to refrain from sin all of your life. I guess an even easier current day requirement would be baptism. Why should Paul get so upset about this new requirement for the Galatians?

So here is the thing. I think we can all agree that God would like everyone to get saved correct? Adding anything to salvation other than belief and acceptance will exclude someone. Maybe someone can’t get circumcised or baptized or whatever other requirement one might come up with. With no additional requirements, you could even be in an opposing religion and still get saved.

God has made salvation so easy that as the Bible states no one will have an excuse for not believing and accepting Jesus Christ as their Savior. What a wonderful God!!!

Goodboy
🙂

Back