What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Joyous Hope Far Beyond What We Can Imagine

** I received this in a newsletter to my personal email and was so touched by it tears just flooded my eyes with Great anticipation. We're bombarded every day with bad news, sad news, horrific news, and heart breaking news, so I thought some Good News is worth sharing, so I want to share this delightful message that just adds to anchoring our Hope, Yes! Our Blessed Hope!
Each day, each hour, each minute and every second cannot come fast enough, for Jesus appearance, But, we can just observe and know we are undoubtedly in the "Season" Right Now, and oh are these birth pains just getting stronger and converging closer like never before, and we just Know ......
It's Coming! He's Coming!
Jesus is on His way and getting ever so close I can almost touch Our King 👑💖

"Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.”
Luke 21:28

May you be as blessed reading the newsletter I received in my email today 🥰.....

**"looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ"
Titus 2:13

**"He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.”
Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!"
Revelation 22:20

A Joyous Hope Far Beyond What We Can Imagine

It's the most comforting promise of Scripture for believers today!
The Bible says that "we have obtained an inheritance" and not only that, the Holy Spirit is our guarantee of this glorious realm until the time we "acquire possession of it" (Ephesians 1:11-14).
What is our inheritance? Does the Bible tell us what it is? Yes, it does!

We are Heirs to a Kingdom

As New Testament Saints, we are heirs to a wondrous and amazing kingdom. Amid the wickedness, terrors, lawlessness, and death that defines our day, we possess a sure hope of a realm where righteousness will reign supreme and our joy will know no bounds.

Paul, writing to the Corinthians, identifies our inheritance as "the kingdom of God" (1 Corinthians 15:50). Yes, of course, God transfers us to His spiritual domain at the moment of our redemption (Colossians 1:13-14).

However, the Bible also tells us that we are also heirs to the physical and yet future manifestation of the Lord's kingdom. Oh what a jubilant day that will be for us.
At first glance, the words of 1 Corinthians 15:50 seem to convey bad news to us regarding our inheritance:

"I tell you this, brothers: flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable."

However, these words contain remarkably reassuring news for us; they signify that our current experience in this vale of tears cannot possibly be the glorious realm that the Lord promised us; it's impossible.

You see, if we received our inheritance of a kingdom in our "flesh and blood" bodies, it would leave us with an exceedingly short time to enjoy the Lord’s bequest to us amid the pain, suffering, and death of this life. Does it not greatly dishonor Him when people regard our fleeting and troubled existence here below as His gift to us of a kingdom? I believe it does.

Furthermore, what we see today is not even remotely close to how the Bible describes Jesus' future reign in Psalms such as 2, 46, and 110 as well as in Revelation 20:1-10.

Things such as wars, abortion, and sex trafficking will be nonexistent when Jesus rules over that nations with Satan confined for the duration.

Righteousness, peace, universal worship of the Lord, and absolute justice will characterize Jesus' rule over the nations.

Please don’t mistake your current experience as your share in the kingdom the Lord has promised to you.

Jesus Will Make Us Fit for the Kingdom
The good news for weary saints gets even better as the apostle describes how the Lord will make us fit to receive our amazing inheritance.
In the rest of the 1 Corinthians 15:51-55, Paul writes that someday Jesus will appear, raise the dead with "imperishable bodies," and "we," too, will likewise experience immortality.

This is one of several passages that describes the event we refer to as the Rapture of the Church, a future event that Paul also describes for us in 1 Corinthians 15:47-55; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-5:10, Philippians 3:20-21, and Titus 2:11-14 happens.

Earlier in 1 Corinthians 15, Paul boldly states that apart from the hope of this resurrection, which he later says happens at the time of the Rapture, "our faith is futile" and "we are of all people most to be pitied" (1 Corinthians 15:17, 19).

During His ministry, Jesus repeatedly promised "eternal life" to all who believed in Him. The Rapture is when we will fully experience the fulfillment of His words.

Finding Peace in A Dangerous World
Why am I so passionate about proclaiming our joyous biblical hope? It’s because apart from what Scripture says lies ahead for us, we have no safe refuge in a world filled with violence, lawlessness, corruption, and deception.

I couldn't even come close to coping with these things apart from my conviction that Jesus will intervene in this world beginning with the Rapture. I believe this will happen very soon, but even if not, the assurance that it will happen calms my fears as nothing else can.

My recent post, Finding Peace in a Fear-Mongering World, distinguishes between the empty promises of our world regarding the future and the safe refuge we have in Jesus, which calms our anxious minds.

Jesus is our hiding place amid the fierce storms raging all around us. As Proverbs 18:10 says, "The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous man runs to it and is safe." We find this place of refuge in the words of Scripture, His promises of a glorious future that includes His reign over the nations with us by His side.

The Bible says we will inherit a kingdom someday and although we do not yet see it, the Bible says it will be glorious, over-the-top joyous, and wonderful beyond all we can imagine.....**

**The rest of the newsletter is just promotion for Jonathan Brentner's books.
Maranatha!

Jonathan''s link from his Newsletter:

I couldn't even come close to coping with these things apart from my conviction that Jesus will intervene in this world beginning with the Rapture. I believe this will happen very soon, but even if not, the assurance that it will happen calms my fears as nothing else can.
:cheer:

Back