What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4 Suggestions

Berserk

Registered
1. Address the question of how this iste is intended to differ from the other evangelical Christian Discussion forums on line. What is t he distinctive purpose of the site?

2. Either supolement the "False Doctrines" section with one on "Controversial Doctrines" or change the former to the latter to minimize unnecessary offense.
For example, threads in tbis section on "Eternal Security (Baptist),," "Speaking in Tongues and Spirit Baptism (Pentecostal)," Infant Baptism, and Real Presence during Holy Communion (Lutheran) can be debated cordially as controversial issues, but will generate heated polemic under the rubric of False doctrine.

3. Add a section on "Spiritual Experiences" for topics like the gifts of the Spirit, divine guidance, modern miracles, the power of prayer, possession and exorcisms, and the paranormal in general.

4. Add a section on "Denominatinal Distinctives"

1. Address the question of how this iste is intended to differ from the other evangelical Christian Discussion forums on line. What is t he distinctive purpose of the site?

2. Either supolement the "False Doctrines" section with one on "Controversial Doctrines" or change the former to the latter to minimize unnecessary offense.
For example, threads in tbis section on "Eternal Security (Baptist),," "Speaking in Tongues and Spirit Baptism (Pentecostal)," Infant Baptism, and Real Presence during Holy Communion (Lutheran) can be debated cordially as controversial issues, but will generate heated polemic under the rubric of False doctrine.

3. Add a section on "Spiritual Experiences" for topics like the gifts of the Spirit, divine guidance, modern miracles, the power of prayer, possession and exorcisms, and the paranormal in general.

4. Add a section on "Denominatinal Distinctives"
There is either biblical doctrine, which is what we all try to focus on, and then there is false doctrine. What is a controversial doctrine? Wouldn't it be false if it’s considered controversial? There are no contradictions in the bible.

Paranormal? Why?

JMHO.

I don’t understand why a Christian would even want to use this word to describe the things that God does.

I've only ever used the word paranormal to categorize things that people do when they perceive a safe audience in order to seem extra spiritual. I saw a lot of paranormal activity in Pentecostal church gatherings... sometimes it would get downright ridiculous as individuals would endeavor to out do everyone else while trying to appear genuine.

I've only ever used the word paranormal to categorize things that people do when they perceive a safe audience in order to seem extra spiritual. I saw a lot of paranormal activity in Pentecostal church gatherings... sometimes it would get downright ridiculous as individuals would endeavor to out do everyone else while trying to appear genuine.

I hear "supernatural" used more than paranormal.

To me, paranormal is phenomena generated by satan and demons. I may be wrong or define it too narrowly.
Supernatural is of God, because it transcends the normal laws of physics, chemistry, Creation, etc., and reflects God's omniscience, omnipresence, omnipotence, etc. Miracles are supernatural.

This board is distinct from other boards in that it adheres to a specific set of defined Christian beliefs, and doesn't entertain promotion of beliefs from other denominations. This creates a common understanding of Scripture for all posters, from which we can discuss issues, events, prophecy, etc. This makes this board a safe place, from which we can ask questions and learn, understanding that answers will be framed and shaped by the singular set of beliefs, and not confounded by a different denomination's interpretation or doctrine.

Other boards do include multiple denominational beliefs, and when someone asks a question on such a board, there may be a dizzying array of answers, created by different interpretations of Scripture by the different denominational backgrounds of the answering posters, from which the question-asker must sift through and decide which is correct. This can lead to an inconsistent set of beliefs, which can create the illusion of Biblical inconsistency. Seeing so many different answers to one question can also call into question the issue of whether truth is knowable.

This board is distinct from other boards in that it adheres to a specific set of defined Christian beliefs, and doesn't entertain promotion of beliefs from other denominations. This creates a common understanding of Scripture for all posters, from which we can discuss issues, events, prophecy, etc. This makes this board a safe place, from which we can ask questions and learn, understanding that answers will be framed and shaped by the singular set of beliefs, and not confounded by a different denomination's interpretation or doctrine.

Other boards do include multiple denominational beliefs, and when someone asks a question on such a board, there may be a dizzying array of answers, created by different interpretations of Scripture by the different denominational backgrounds of the answering posters, from which the question-asker must sift through and decide which is correct. This can lead to an inconsistent set of beliefs, which can create the illusion of Biblical inconsistency. Seeing so many different answers to one question can also call into question the issue of whether truth is knowable.
What an excellent explanation. This should be pinned somewhere.

Back