What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'You will be buried next week': Israelis receive threatening text messages - report

Text messages were sent to Israelis with their names and addresses with a threatening message: "You will be buried by next week," Ynet reported on Friday.

Police said that "these are false messages, which only have the purpose of inciting panic in the public during wartime." The police, the Communications Ministry, and the National Cyber Headquarters blocked the accounts that sent the texts and launched an investigation to find out who was behind sending the messages.

"We call on the public not to reply to these messages, to ignore them, and if possible, to block the number from which the message was sent," Ynet quoted the police as saying. "A chain of messages of this kind constitutes a criminal offense punishable by imprisonment. We will deal with any person who takes part in such inciting activity or sowing panic in the public during the war."

One individual who received one of these messages told Ynet that she "was shocked. I looked again and I couldn't believe or understand what I was reading," she said. "I don't know anyone who hates me, I've never encountered anything like this. I'm 67 years old, working, with a family, a normal woman - and in shock. I'm afraid that these are threats sent as part of the national threat we're under now. It's really anxiety-driven."

More

Modern form of the propaganda leaflets that were dropped from aircraft and in propaganda bombs.
Modern form of the propaganda radio broadcasts like Tokyo Rose.
[sigh]

:pray: :pray: :amen: :amen: :thankyou: :thankyou:

Back