What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

With two strikes in enemy capitals, the war enters uncharted territory

Almost Heaven

Well-known
I thought this an interesting analysis. The whole article is at the link...

With the killings of two terror chiefs in the capital cities of two enemy nations in the past few hours, the existential war that began for Israel with Hamas’s invasion and slaughter on October 7 has now entered uncharted territory.
The elimination of Fuad Shukr, Hezbollah’s most senior military official, in a strike in Beirut confirmed by Israel, demonstrated Israel’s remarkable intelligence capabilities and its capacity to carry out a precision strike even on a target who would have known that he was in Israel’s sights. And it constituted at least a symbolic response to the horrific Hezbollah missile attack that killed 12 children in an Israeli Druze village three days earlier.

Without doubt, “retaliation” will follow; I use quotation marks around that word because nobody should lose sight of the fact that this regional war was initiated by Hamas, invading sovereign Israel from the adjacent territory governed by Hamas and on which Israel had no claims, and was then escalated by Hezbollah, the Houthis et al under Iran’s direction.

The Hamas of a few months ago, needless to say, would have been firing barrages at Tel Aviv for the past few hours. That danger may not have entirely passed, but Hamas’s rocket potency has immensely receded.

As Israel belatedly moves to break the stranglehold Iran has been gradually building and tightening around us, the only path out of this uncharted territory requires not only peerless strategic wisdom and military tenacity, but also the kind of internal cohesion that has been so dangerously absent here.

I saw a brief three line report on the Jerusalem Post today that Netanyahu has reconvened a meeting with the Cabinet members because of the threats coming from Iran over the two assassinations of Hezbollah leaders.
Probably strategizing their military response to prepare in case they follow through with the threats.

I saw a brief three line report on the Jerusalem Post today that Netanyahu has reconvened a meeting with the Cabinet members because of the threats coming from Iran over the two assassinations of Hezbollah leaders.
Probably strategizing their military response to prepare in case they follow through with the threats.
With 2 big leaders assassinated, i think they might follow through with their bluffs this time around

With 2 big leaders assassinated, i think they might follow through with their bluffs this time around
I think the Pentagon thinks so too. Today Austin said the US is going to assist Israel militarily should they be attacked.

In wake of Haniyeh killing, Austin says US will ‘help defend Israel’ if it’s attacked

United States Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin reiterated his “unwavering commitment” to Israel’s security on Wednesday and said Washington would come to its defense if needed, hours after Hamas’s political leader Ismail Haniyeh was killed in Iran early Wednesday, in a targeted assassination attributed to Israel.

More

I'm so grateful that God has given Israel these successes. (I had mixed feelings about how I was glad, but praying gave me peace.)

There is an irony about the Biden/Harris admin getting cornered to the point that they can not complain.
The elimination of Fuad Shukr, Hezbollah’s most senior military official, in a strike in Beirut confirmed by Israel,
The US owes Israel the reward for getting this very evil mastermind wanted for his role in a 1983 attack in Beirut that killed some 300 American and French soldiers.

BREAKING NEWS
Foreign ministers of Iran, Saudi Arabia discuss tensions in the Middle East - report

Iran's foreign minister reportedly referred to an intention to attack Israel, which he raised during a conversation with his Saudi counterpart.

Hezbollah is preparing the strategic missile units formerly led by the eliminated Fuad Shukr, and it seems that the response will arrive on Friday or Saturday in Tel Aviv with the participation of the Revolutionary Guards.

It is possible that the attack will be carried out from Lebanon first, and then Iran, Yemen and Iraq, on Israel at the same time.

(Yoni Ben Menachem)

Hezbollah is preparing the strategic missile units formerly led by the eliminated Fuad Shukr, and it seems that the response will arrive on Friday or Saturday in Tel Aviv with the participation of the Revolutionary Guards.

It is possible that the attack will be carried out from Lebanon first, and then Iran, Yemen and Iraq, on Israel at the same time.

(Yoni Ben Menachem)

🙏🙏🙏

(Yoni Ben Menachem)

Israel is prepared to be attacked from Lebanon, Iran, Yemen, and Iraq at the same time....
Lord please be with Your people Israel in this time of trouble. 🙏🙏

The Acting Foreign Minister of Iran, Ali Bagheri has reportedly delivered a Message to Qatar stating that “Any Arab Nation that provides its Airspace to the Zionist Entity (Israel) to launch Strikes against Iran, will become a Legitimate Target for Attack.

Breaking: US deploys 12 warships to Middle East - report​

The US has deployed 12 warships to the Middle East amid the rise in tensions between Israel and Lebanon...

A senior Pentagon official:

The US has deployed at least 12 warships in the Middle East, including the aircraft carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt, amphibious combat teams, and more than 4,000 Marines.

BREAKING NEWS
Iran, its proxies will meet to discuss retaliation against Israel, say sources

Top Iranian officials will meet the representatives of Iran's regional allies from Lebanon, Iraq and Yemen on Thursday to discuss potential retaliation against Israel after the killing of the Hamas leader in Tehran, five sources told Reuters.

Back