What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where Angels Fear to Tread - Pete Garcia

Andy C

Well-known
In Peter's second epistle, he warns of the destruction that false prophets and teachers will bring to many. He likens them to brute beasts who are ruled purely by their lusts. He also notes a stark warning by saying they were Reckless, self-centered, they speak abusively of angelic majesties without trembling, whereas angels who are greater in might and power do not bring a demeaning judgment against them before the Lord. 2 Peter 2:4-11 NASB

The phrase "fools rush in where angels fear to tread" highlights a timeless truth: angels, who are far more intelligent and powerful than humans, even they avoid certain dangers at all costs understanding full well the eternal ramifications while mortal humans often charge in without a care in the world. In Peter's epistle, this idea is echoed, summarizing how false teachers who introduce destructive heresies lead many souls to eternal damnation and will face even worse fates themselves. While true in the theological/spiritual sense, this is also true regarding the artificial modifications (via science & technologies) that man increasingly involves himself with concerning removing the naturalistic protective barriers set forth by God at creation.

In retrospect, we can see microcosms of this with the subsequent rising and falling of the ages and empires of mankind. In the Classical Age (800BC-476AD), the rise of pagan mythologies, false religions, and secret societies marked the leading (and bleeding) edges of these dangerous trends which almost always precipitated societal collapse. Whereas paganism, with its post-modernistic philosophical attributes, shrouded the world in darkness and violence, the rise of Christendom across the Roman Empire marked a shift in the affairs of mankind. Even still, true Christianity continued to be brutalized by the Roman Catholic system (merging of political and religious power) and would not unleash its full potential until the time of the Reformation.

In my early baby stages of my christian life, i use to swear and curse out Satan if bad stuff would happen to me.

This thread reminds me of the time when Michael who is one of God's most powerful creations wouldn't dare to do this but would only rebuke him at best in the Lord's name.

The thread title reminded me of that thought

Back