What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When We All Get To Heaven :: By Dennis Huebshman

Andy C

Well-known
Sometimes, the trials and struggles of this world are almost overwhelming. All the evil, hatred, and just pure meanness seem to be all there is, with nothing to look forward to. However, for all true believers in our Lord and Savior Jesus the Christ, we have a special hope. In John 16:33, Jesus comforts us with, “I have said these things to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world. (ESV – all emphasis is mine)

After giving His disciples the above message, Jesus prayed a special prayer in John 17 to the Father about having come into the world, and that His mission was just about to be concluded. He prayed for special blessings for His disciples, but in verses 20-21, He included all who would receive and accept Him from then on. “I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word, that they may all be one, just as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that You have sent Me.”

Our Jesus included everyone, regardless of where they were from and whatever their status was, as long as they would receive and accept Him as their eternal Shepherd (Joel 2:32, Acts 2:21, and Romans 10:13).

What is so sad is that Satan is still convincing people that the things of this world are most important and that Jesus doesn’t really exist. Paul tells us in 1 Timothy 6:9-10, “But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation, into a snare, into many senseless and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs.”

The apostle John provided further teaching in 1 John 2:15-17; “Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the desires of the eyes and the pride of life are not from the Father but from the world. And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever.”

"When we all get to heaven,
What a day of rejoicing that will be!
When we all see Jesus,
We’ll sing and shout the victory!"

I remember singing this as a child in my great grandfather's church he pastored. I've not heard that song in a long time, but I can recall it as if I had just heard it. I was like seven or so when I last heard it. It all goes by in a blink.

When we all see Jesus,

I remember singing this as a child in my great grandfather's church he pastored. I've not heard that song in a long time, but I can recall it as if I had just heard it. I was like seven or so when I last heard it. It all goes by in a blink.
I know that one well! Great old hymn.

When we all see Jesus,

I recall a similar song or hymn that goes a lil something like this

"When i get to heaven gonna walk with Jesus
When i get to heaven gonna see his face
When i get to heaven gonna talk with Jesus
SAved by his wonderful grace

Saved, saved , wonderfully saved,
Saved by the blood of the lamb"

Back