What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What to do as the world grows darker

mattfivefour

Admin/Pastor
Staff member
Rejoice! Because the darker it gets, the more the light of Jesus in you can shine! The darkness can serve to illuminate the gospel even more when you present it. As desperate times grow more desperate, the promises of God seem all the brighter to all those living in desperation. All we have to do is love all those around us, for it is by this that all will know that we are Christ's. And true love gives itself away, always reaching out to others. Here's a prayer from the YouVersion Bible folks to help (slightly modified by me).

O God my Father, please show me how I can shine for You. Let my life be bold and bright as I share You with those around me. Give me the courage and awareness to stand for You even when things seem dark. Thank You for Your Son, Jesus, being our perfect example and the Light of the World! May He shine through us unhindered. In a His name, I pray. Amen.

The darker, more evil, and more pagan the world, the greater the number and percentage of people around us, who need The Gospel. In some places, even in the United States, there are more lost than saved people. Some are easy to spot, such as those wearing traditional muslim, hindu, etc. attire, but others are not so easily discerned because wearing "normal" Western attire.

Take The Gospel out and let The Holy Ghost do His thing! Most days, I wear a T shirt with The Gospel (John 3:16 or John 14:6 including the text spelled out). Other days other Christian T shirts like "Normal isn't coming back, Jesus is! The worse things get, the more positive the reaction by both saved and unsaved people, especially to the John text shirts.

The more targets, the more likely someone will see/read The Gospel and the greater the return.

It's fun (and a great privilege) to watch The Holy Ghost work :)

The Gospel and The Holy Ghost never return void :)

:bouncies:

:thankyou: GOD!!! :thankyou:
:pray: :pray: in Jesus' Name :amen: :amen:

Post on the wall, inside, next to the door: "You are now entering the mission field" as a reminder when leaving home :)

What would Jesus do?
"I saw that" Jesus meme might be a good reminder in the car: the roads are part of the mission field :)

Persecution's coming. If The Lord tarries and I'm going to die for being a Christian, I'd like for there to be plenty of evidence that I am a Christian, and plenty of reason for TPTB to target me :big grin; :lol:
Regardless of whether Jesus comes back or I die first, I'd like it to be while I'm about The Lord's Work (thanks, Maternal Grandma, for the many lessons/nags/threats/shames) :)
Someday, I'd like to throw a 99 mph fast crown :big grin; :lol:

10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
Matthew 5:10-16, KJV

16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.
17 But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues;
18 And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.
19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.
20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

Matthew 10:16-20, KJV

10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,
20 For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

Ephesians 6:10-20, KJV

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Matthew 28:18-20, KJV

1 Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.
2 Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.
3 When I kept silence, my bones waxed old through my roaring all the day long.
4 For day and night thy hand was heavy upon me: my moisture is turned into the drought of summer. Selah.

5 I acknowledge my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah.
6 For this shall every one that is godly pray unto thee in a time when thou mayest be found: surely in the floods of great waters they shall not come nigh unto him.
7 Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.
Psalm 32:1-7, KJV

9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.
2 Corinthians 12:9-10,KJV

32 And he said, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak yet but this once: Peradventure ten shall be found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for ten's sake.
Genesis 18:32, KJV

14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14, KJV

12 Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance.
Psalm 33:12, KJV

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.
John 3:16-21, KJV

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
John 14:6, KJV

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Ephesians 2:7-9, KJV

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
Matthew 22:36-40, KJV

1 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.
Psalm 23, KJV

:pray: :pray: :amen: :amen: :thankyou: :thankyou:

Jesus loves me, this I know
For the Bible tells me so
Little ones to Him belong
We are weak, but He is strong!

Yes, Jesus loves me
Yes, Jesus loves me
Yes, Jesus loves me
The Bible tells me so

Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray The Lord my soul to keep
But if I die before I wake
I pray The Lord my soul to take
In Jesus' Name I pray
Amen

I pray for the first responders (police, fire, ambulance) as the sirens go past me - I live on a major arterial road in Kamloops. I pray for their protection and salvation and also for those they are rushing to help (and the families involved).

It's a small thing but I use the siren sounds as a call to prayer!

I pray for the first responders (police, fire, ambulance) as the sirens go past me - I live on a major arterial road in Kamloops. I pray for their protection and salvation and also for those they are rushing to help (and the families involved).

It's a small thing but I use the siren sounds as a call to prayer!

I've been doing the same for a long time.
And when I was still LE, I'd pray for the jurisdiction at the beginning of my shift and for people I encountered or needed it during the shift.
When I interned in East Saint Louis, one of the officers would lead corporate, public Christian prayer during night roll call :)

Back