What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Website that attests to where the true Temple site was.

For a while I have believed that it was true, that Solomon's Temple was above the Gihon Spring.
But I came back from that.

The Jewish Rabbis's hold it to be on the Temple mount, and they are not foolish.
They know things we don't, so I would bow to their better knowledge.

The Sages say that a heifer was to be sacrificed on the Mount of Olives, and that this sacrifice was to be seen from the Temple court.
Now if you draw a line, straight from the Mount of Olives, through the Gates of Mercy, then you end up on the Temple Mount and not on the Gihon Spring.

(I've been there and seen it with my very own eyes).

Here is an interesting article that tells you more about it.

The Gihon Spring runs through a tunnel that King Hezekiah excavated through rock.

Within that tunnel are steps that lead up to the Temple. David had easy access to go worship at any time. From his palace in Milllo (the city of God) he went down to the spring, walked a short distance to the steps that lead up to the Temple. A night time visit would have been too far to go Mount Moriah (the so-called Temple Mount.

The Gihon Spring runs through a tunnel that King Hezekiah excavated through rock.

Within that tunnel are steps that lead up to the Temple. David had easy access to go worship at any time. From his palace in Milllo (the city of God) he went down to the spring, walked a short distance to the steps that lead up to the Temple. A night time visit would have been too far to go Mount Moriah (the so-called Temple Mount.
Interesting, but did you know that Hezikiah was a descendant of David who lived about 300 years later?

There is no conflict here, I didn’t make the steps contemporary with King Hezekiah, he probably intended on improving the water flow should Jerusalem come under siege.

Solomon’s Laver held about 18,000 gallons of water alone. Mount Moriah (so-call Temple Mount) is bone dry,

I love your dilligence, Ronnie, in trying to pursuade me to the location of the Temple Mount.
But the topography of the land shows us, it can't be on the Gihon Spring.
You see, it all hinges on the location of the Gates of Mercy.

When Jesus returns He will stand on the Mount of Olives, and go through the Gates of Mercy (The Eastern Gate aka Golden Gate).
Directly behind the Eastern Gate is the Temple Court.
If Jesus would go to the Gihon Spring, He would arrive at the Temple court from the West.
Which is contradictory to what Ezekiel tells us about this, especially in the chapters 42 and 43, and also Zacheriah in chapter 14:4.

Here is a link with more information if you like:

They would need an unending bucket brigade to bring all the water for washings and all the other needs for water, the Gihon Spring came up within the Temple. 🙂

Back