What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We just need to watch!!!

Goodboy

Just waiting for the Rapture at this point!
We just need to watch!!!

Do you want to know when the Rapture will happen? It is not as complicated as one might think.

Matthew 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Matthew 24:42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
Matthew 24:43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.

So Matthew 24:36 tells us that no one knows the day or the hour. We will however know the season.
So Matthew 24:42 and Matthew 24:43 tells us we should watch for the season, which I believe we are currently in.

With those verses in mind, think about how Jesus compared the end times to labor pains. When Jesus died on the cross and was resurrected we can say the earth was impregnated with believers (Christians). But the earth is not our home, but kind of like the womb of a woman. Our birth (Heaven) happens at the Rapture of the church.

So using the illustration of child birth what happens. The woman is impregnated which is the beginning and countdown. From that point on we watch for the signs, which are labor pains. As labor pains get closer together and more intense, we know the birth is soon. Anyone that is married with children knows that their wife knows when it is time to go to the hospital.

In the same way of this analogy, we know that we should be watching for the signs (labor pains) stated in the Bible. We know the closer together and more intense they are, that the time is soon. At some point it will be clear that it is going to happen any day now.

We don’t need to depend on anyone telling us when this will happen, we just need to watch ourselves. I totally believe it will be clear that the Rapture is about to happen, just like when we know the baby is about to be born. We don’t need to depend on anyone else to let us know.

We just need to watch ourselves!!!

Goodboy :)

We just need to watch!!!

Do you want to know when the Rapture will happen? It is not as complicated as one might think.

Matthew 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Matthew 24:42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
Matthew 24:43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.

So Matthew 24:36 tells us that no one knows the day or the hour. We will however know the season.
So Matthew 24:42 and Matthew 24:43 tells us we should watch for the season, which I believe we are currently in.

With those verses in mind, think about how Jesus compared the end times to labor pains. When Jesus died on the cross and was resurrected we can say the earth was impregnated with believers (Christians). But the earth is not our home, but kind of like the womb of a woman. Our birth (Heaven) happens at the Rapture of the church.

So using the illustration of child birth what happens. The woman is impregnated which is the beginning and countdown. From that point on we watch for the signs, which are labor pains. As labor pains get closer together and more intense, we know the birth is soon. Anyone that is married with children knows that their wife knows when it is time to go to the hospital.

In the same way of this analogy, we know that we should be watching for the signs (labor pains) stated in the Bible. We know the closer together and more intense they are, that the time is soon. At some point it will be clear that it is going to happen any day now.

We don’t need to depend on anyone telling us when this will happen, we just need to watch ourselves. I totally believe it will be clear that the Rapture is about to happen, just like when we know the baby is about to be born. We don’t need to depend on anyone else to let us know.

We just need to watch ourselves!!!

Goodboy :)
Good post, however I believe all of His Olivet Discourse deals with the signs of His coming at the end of the tribulation. However, some signs could begin before tribulation.

The Olivet Discourse is for the Jews, the upper room discourse is for the church.

Good post, however I believe all of His Olivet Discourse deals with the signs of His coming at the end of the tribulation. However, some signs could begin before tribulation.

The Olivet Discourse is for the Jews, the upper room discourse is for the church.

Yeah I hear you, but how would that explain these verses below?

Matthew 24:40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
Matthew 24:41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

That sounds like the Rapture to me anyway.

We do not know the day the rapture will happen, but when the Tribulation begins we will know when the Lord returns. Again sounds like the rapture to me.

Maybe as you suggest, some signs are before the Tribulation? 🤔

Yeah I hear you, but how would that explain these verses below?

Matthew 24:40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
Matthew 24:41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

That sounds like the Rapture to me anyway. Maybe as you suggest, some signs are before the Tribulation? 🤔
Below is the forum link to another thread I started

Below is the forum link to another thread I started

Jack Kelly says that "The Greek word translated “taken” means to receive unto oneself" which I agree with. Why would Jesus take the evil people in the Tribulation unto himself? 🤔 If Jesus was to do anything, he would send them somewhere, like Hell.

So I disagree with Jack Kelly's understanding of the verse.

Jack Kelly says that "The Greek word translated “taken” means to receive unto oneself" which I agree with. Why would Jesus take the evil people in the Tribulation unto himself? 🤔 If Jesus was to do anything, he would send them somewhere, like Hell.

So I disagree with Jack Kelly's understanding of the verse.
I dont always agree with Jack, and I use his info because he has thousands of articles or questions and answers already available.

I do agree with him on this.

The context of Matthew 24 is the events of the tribulation, and His coming at the end for the Sheep and goats judgements. If Jesus was referring to the rapture, why did Paul refer to the rapture as a mystery, not yet revealed?

If Jesus was referring to the rapture, why did Paul refer to the rapture as a mystery, not yet revealed?

Even though you did not answer my question, I will answer yours.

1 Corinthians 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
1 Corinthians 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

I think that Paul was just telling the Corinthians something that they did not yet know, which would be a mystery to them. Paul did not say it was not yet revealed, meaning that he was the only one that knew of it. It's kind of like if we went to some tribe that had become Christians but had not yet heard of the Rapture. We might say to them, I will now show you a mystery. This is not only something new, but also something hard to conclude yourself, like what a mystery is.

This was my question from post #5.
Why would Jesus take the evil people in the Tribulation unto himself?

Even though you did not answer my question, I will answer yours.

1 Corinthians 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
1 Corinthians 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

I think that Paul was just telling the Corinthians something that they did not yet know, which would be a mystery to them. Paul did not say it was not yet revealed, meaning that he was the only one that knew of it. It's kind of like if we went to some tribe that had become Christians but had not yet heard of the Rapture. We might say to them, I will now show you a mystery. This is not only something new, but also something hard to conclude yourself, like what a mystery is.

This was my question from post #5.
Why would Jesus take the evil people in the Tribulation unto himself?
Could be.

There is disagreement between some end times teachers on if any part of Matthew 24 is referring to the rapture. Most agree its all about the times in the tribulation, but your views certainly are believed by others.

Your question has already been answered in Jacks answer. Maybe you could read it again, and Jack defines what taken means, and what “left” means.

Your question has already been answered in Jacks answer. Maybe you could read it again, and Jack defines what taken means, and what “left” means.

I don't need to read it again, I already know what he said when I read it the first time.

Nothing against Jack Kelly, but God has shown me too, too many times that these famous Pastors, authors or Christians are incorrect about a lot of things. So when I discuss scripture with someone (you in this case), I am only interested in what the Bible says not someones interpretation of what the Bible says or words used. I only tell you this to say if I ask you a question, I would expect for you to answer it. Not saying that your method is wrong, but that is how I expect my discussions to go with someone.

So at this point I think we can just agree to disagree.
:)

I don't need to read it again, I already know what he said when I read it the first time.

Nothing against Jack Kelly, but God has shown me too, too many times that these famous Pastors, authors or Christians are incorrect about a lot of things. So when I discuss scripture with someone (you in this case), I am only interested in what the Bible says not someones interpretation of what the Bible says or words used. I only tell you this to say if I ask you a question, I would expect for you to answer it. Not saying that your method is wrong, but that is how I expect my discussions to go with someone.

So at this point I think we can just agree to disagree.
:)
I dont always have the cognitive ability, or patience, to write out a lengthy answers that requires research, thus I at times, rely on those whom I believe to be solid, who already have answers.

No issues here, Jack and another favorite of mine, Arnold Fruchtenbaum disagree on this.

I dont always have the cognitive ability, or patience, to write out a lengthy answers that requires research, thus I at times, rely on those whom I believe to be solid, who already have answers.

No issues here, Jack and another favorite of mine, Arnold Fruchtenbaum disagree on this.

Sorry to hear of your issues with your cognitive ability, or patience. That helps me understand why you quote Jack Kelly so much and it makes sense! :) So don't stop that on account of what I have said, that is just my thing. :)

I also have an issue that I have to deal with. If someone's article or response is too long, I have a hard time comprehending it. I need to read something where the person gets right to the point.

I am also not at all impressed when people say what the Greek word means. Why? Because scholars have already translated the Bible from Greek to English as best they can. Why should I now trust some popular Christian Pastor who says the word translation was incorrect?

Great response to me! Thank you! :love:

If someone's article or response is too long, I have a hard time comprehending it. I need to read something where the person gets right to the point.
Yes! Agree!

For me, its like a loose wire in my brain. If I wiggle my head enough, it connects…..:paniccircle:

I learned to use Jack Kelley from my years on the old Rapture Ready site, which I was a member of before joining Rapture forums. One of the Mods used him frequently, because Jack has a huge stockpile of good information ready for use.

There are only a few end times teachers I believe are solid. Jack was one, but he died back in 2015.

Back