What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

(WATCH) Pastor Jamal Bryant claims Jesus was wrong 85% of His life

1LoverofGod

Well-known
Leader of the New Birth Missionary Baptist Church in Stonecrest, Georgia, Jamal Bryant, is getting some new flak for an old message in which he claims Jesus was “wrong” for 85% of His life despite being called, anointed, and chosen.

“Jesus accepted His call to ministry at 30. He had been in carpentry since he was 13. He ran the family business since he was 17. At the risk of being heretical tonight, might I suggest to you, that 85% of Jesus’s life, He was out of order,”

Bryant told congregants at The Chosen Vessel Cathedral in Fort Worth, Texas, at the installation service of Bishop Marvin Sapp as the church’s senior pastor on Nov. 17, 2019, according to a recording of the sermon posted on YouTube.

“Eighty-five percent of His life He was doing what He was not called to do,” Bryant declared.

Continue Reading and Watch this Pastor make his outlandish and despicable claim that "Jesus was wrong..."

Un-be-liev-able!!! 😠 It shows that at the time Jamal Bryant said this, he still had not understood Jesus Christ fully, nor His purposes on earth. Yet still man called him a pastor. Now, he may have been God-called, but he clearly was not yet prepared.

God calls pastors, but that doesn't make us perfect. It simply means that God has called us to a specific role...into which we have to grow. I remember after I gave Christ my heart I was terrified to speak in church because I thought "who am I to speak God's Word?" I had so carelessly spoken it before; now I was fearful of speaking something as from God that was not from God. After all, if you stand before people and say "Thus saith the Lord," the Lord had better have said it!!! And though I now have many years in ministry under my belt, I still have that same holy fear.

When it comes to opening up God's Word to assist others to feed on it, I am always pleading with Him to not let me speak amiss. His Word is a precious, precious gift and Heaven help the person who treats it lightly; or speaks of its treasures carelessly; or worse, teaches what it does not say.

I can only hope that Jamal Bryant has learned these lessons and realizes and repents of his error...rather than doubling down on it in an attempt to not appear wrong in man's eyes. And I hope that if ever I see I have taught error of some kind that I will do the same thing-- openly confessing and repenting of it and correcting it.

Un-be-liev-able!!! 😠 It shows that at the time Jamal Bryant said this, he still had not understood Jesus Christ fully, nor His purposes on earth. Yet still man called him a pastor. Now, he may have been God-called, but he clearly was not yet prepared.

God calls pastors, but that doesn't make us perfect. It simply means that God has called us to a specific role...into which we have to grow. I remember after I gave Christ my heart I was terrified to speak in church because I thought "who am I to speak God's Word?" I had so carelessly spoken it before; now I was fearful of speaking something as from God that was not from God. After all, if you stand before people and say "Thus saith the Lord," the Lord had better have said it!!! And though I now have many years in ministry under my belt, I still have that same holy fear.

When it comes to opening up God's Word to assist others to feed on it, I am always pleading with Him to not let me speak amiss. His Word is a precious, precious gift and Heaven help the person who treats it lightly; or speaks of its treasures carelessly; or worse, teaches what it does not say.

I can only hope that Jamal Bryant has learned these lessons and realizes and repents of his error...rather than doubling down on it in an attempt to not appear wrong in man's eyes. And I hope that if ever I see I have taught error of some kind that I will do the same thing-- openly confessing and repenting of it and correcting it.
It Is unbelievable that people like this can even call themselves Pastors.

Not everyone is called by The Holy Spirit to be a Pastor.

The scriptures are clear on the Great responsibility that lays on a Pastor because Jesus has entrusted Pastors with His sheep and they are representing The Shepherd Jesus Whom they are to be under submission, in all humility, and follow and teach The Gospel of Jesus carefully, and not subvert it nor turn it into an excuse to make followers for themselves instead of disciples for Jesus.

Jesus words to Peter are clear that Jesus entrusts His sheep to Overseers who have been called to being leaders in their love for Jesus, for the purpose of feeding Jesus sheep and teaching them in love according to the teachings of Jesus.

This "Pastor" must repent and humble himself before The Lord and either serve The Shepherd's sheepfold under Christ Jesus Leadership to teach His Truth, or step down as a Pastor in fear of The Lord that he may be judged by his own misleading of the flock, especially the weak, because these Pastors will held accountable for any he leads astray, even to cause one to stumble and damage his faith.

"But take care that this right of yours does not somehow become a stumbling block to the weak"
1 Corinthians 8:9

“Woe to the shepherds who destroy and scatter the sheep of My pasture!” says the Lord."
Jeremiah 23:1

"My brethren, let not many of you become teachers, knowing that we shall receive a stricter judgment"
James 3:1

"He said to him the third time, “Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?” Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, “Do you love Me?”

And he said to Him, “Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You.”

Jesus said to him, “Feed My sheep."
John 21:17

"Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood. 29 For I know this, that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock. 30 Also from among yourselves men will rise up, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after themselves."
Acts 20:28-30

We can give ourselves greater peace and assurance when we confirm what we hear with God's Word.....

"Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true"
Acts 17:11

Last edited:
It Is unbelievable that people like this can even call themselves Pastors.

Not everyone is called by The Holy Spirit to be a Pastor.

The scriptures are clear on the Great responsibility that lays on a Pastor because Jesus has entrusted Pastors with His sheep and they are representing The Shepherd Jesus Whom they are to be under submission, in all humility, and follow and teach The Gospel of Jesus carefully, and not subvert it nor turn it into an excuse to make followers for themselves instead of disciples for Jesus.

Jesus words to Peter are clear that Jesus entrusts His sheep to Overseers who have been called to being leaders in their love for Jesus, for the purpose of feeding Jesus sheep and teaching them in love according to the teachings of Jesus.

This "Pastor" must repent and humble himself before The Lord and either serve The Shepherd's sheepfold under Christ Jesus Leadership to teach His Truth, or step down as a Pastor in fear of The Lord that he may be judged by his own misleading of the flock, especially the weak, because these Pastors will held accountable for any he leads astray, even to cause one to stumble and damage his faith.

"But take care that this right of yours does not somehow become a stumbling block to the weak"
1 Corinthians 8:9

“Woe to the shepherds who destroy and scatter the sheep of My pasture!” says the Lord."
Jeremiah 23:1

"My brethren, let not many of you become teachers, knowing that we shall receive a stricter judgment"
James 3:1

"He said to him the third time, “Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?” Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, “Do you love Me?”

And he said to Him, “Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You.”

Jesus said to him, “Feed My sheep."
John 21:17

"Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood. 29 For I know this, that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock. 30 Also from among yourselves men will rise up, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after themselves."
Acts 20:28-30

We can give ourselves greater peace and assurance when we confirm what we hear with God's Word.....

"Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true"
Acts 17:11
All of which explains the fear that should operate in every pastor called by God.

Sure hear you on this! In participation in various opportunities to serve that's been my prayer as well.

To accurately represent but also not let fear keep me from saying what needs to be said, as God leads.

I'm thankful for those who carefully seek the Lord in prayer in regards to presenting His Word, I think this is key.

It's my prayer that the Lord stand with pastors of His church around the world and through the Holy Spirit provide the words God knows people need to hear in regards to His treasure, His Word.

Sure hear you on this! In participation in various opportunities to serve that's been my prayer as well.

To accurately represent but also not let fear keep me from saying what needs to be said, as God leads.

I'm thankful for those who carefully seek the Lord in prayer in regards to presenting His Word, I think this is key.

It's my prayer that the Lord stand with pastors of His church around the world and through the Holy Spirit provide the words God knows people need to hear in regards to His treasure, His Word.
Amen

Pastors not only feed the Flock of Jesus church, but also plant the seeds that lead the lost to Salvation by means of The Only One Who can save.The message coming from the pulpit must be Spirut led, otherwise it has potential to mislead and misguide.

Prayer for the Spirit to lead is of great importance and sticking to The Word of God is a must.

I didn't go there because I didn't want to give the place/person a hit.

And I don't want to listen to bad stuff knowing beforehand that it's bad . . . enough of that happens accidentally :eek:

Back