What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vladimir Putin sends direct threat to the UK over 'act of war' move against Russia

Vladimir Putin has warned that the West letting Kyiv use longer-range weapons to strike Russian targets would mean NATO would be "at war" with Russia.

Sir Keir Starmer is travelling to Washington to meet US President Joe Biden to discuss allowing Ukraine to use long-range Storm Shadow missiles following pleas from Kyiv.

The Russia’s President insisted his country would take “appropriate decisions” against any threats it faces.

Putin said: “If this decision is made, it will mean nothing other than the direct participation of NATO countries - the United States, European countries - in the war in Ukraine.
“This is their direct participation and this already, of course, significantly changes the very essence, the very nature of the conflict.

More

Once again Zelenski has asked for the US for more missiles and is again asking to use US missiles into Russia.
Today Blinken, the Secretary of State is in Ukraine discussing this with Zelenski.

Proxy wars have a habit of turning into actual wars. That's the lesson of history. Even in the last 50 to 85 years I can think of three-- The Spanish Civil War, the Angolan Civil War, and even the Vietnam War. I think the West is being foolish; you back someone into a corner, sooner or later they're likely to come out swinging.

How long's Putin been parroting this line now ?

By his logic, NATO were already at war with Russia pretty much at the start of the war

President Putin said/says he was/is defending Russia from the economic strangulation and hard currency bloccade that NATO/West had been doing since 1917, but most especially since the end of WWII, and from the expansion of NATO commencing with the fall of the Berlin Wall and weakening of WARSAW Pact. He views NATO/West as having been at war with Russia/USSR since 1917 and that NATO/West is the aggressor.

Further, President Putin and Patriarch Kiril of the Russian Orthodox Church say the West's culture is corrupt and immoral, and the West, especially the US, spreads this immorality, debauchery, and materialism around the world via popular music, economic influences, etc., and they don't want it in Russia/USSR.

Proxy wars have a habit of turning into actual wars. That's the lesson of history. Even in the last 50 to 85 years I can think of three-- The Spanish Civil War, the Angolan Civil War, and even the Vietnam War. I think the West is being foolish; you back someone into a corner, they're likely to come out swinging.
Angola, Zimbabwe, Biafra/Nigeria (both US and USSR were involved even though it was a civil war), Afghanistan, Bosnia et al., Czechoslovakia, Poland, Romania, Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia, Finland (whole Eastern Bloc as the iron curtain went up), Morocco, Libya, Crete, Turkish War of Independence, Egypt, etc., etc., etc.

Cuba pretty much skipped the proxy part and almost became a hot war directly between US and USSR.

Proxy wars have a habit of turning into actual wars. That's the lesson of history. Even in the last 50 to 85 years I can think of three-- The Spanish Civil War, the Angolan Civil War, and even the Vietnam War. I think the West is being foolish; you back someone into a corner, sooner or later they're likely to come out swinging.
I dont get the comments many make as if they are defending Russia. Russia is the enemy here, and yes, they may feel they are being poked, but IMO, the bear is closer to a cub then a killer predator.

They are being weakened in their unjust war, and it’s becoming clear why they will eventually need a strong coalition to make a move against Israel.

I dont get the comments many make as if they are defending Russia. Russia is the enemy here, and yes, they may feel they are being poked, but IMO, the bear is closer to a cub then a killer predator.

They are being weakened in their unjust war, and it’s becoming clear why they will eventually need a strong coalition to make a move against Israel.

If you meant me, I wasn't defending, simply explaining what President Putin said/says. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough in my post.

USSR fought many hot wars to expand influence/territory, obtain resources, and keep people from leaving and from leaving its satellite countries, most of which didn't want to be part of the Soviet Bloc. Refusniks/dissidents very brave standing up (and refusing/dissenting). A lot of people died under horrific conditions in the Soviet Glulag, torture by the KGB, starvation, etc., plus the daily terror of getting ratted out to the government/KGB. What the West/NATO did/does necessary to help promote freedom and prevent more USSR military aggression; economic and intelligence means were/are far less costly in human lives and property than a hot war.

It would be very hard for me to forget USSR is enemy and has been from way before I was born. I remember from my childhood: duck-and-cover, labeled, stocked, and maintained fallout shelters, civil defense drills (not just in school, also in the community), Civil Defense armbands worn by volunteers and government employees, dark green trucks with green emergency lights and PA systems (civil defense trucks), Geiger counters and canned water, some people having bomb shelters in their back yards, Cuban Missile Crisis, sonic booms from military aircraft, nightly news about the latest Soviet threat, military action, or crackdown on dissidents, parents and grandparents talking about what was going on at the time, Soyuz, Sputnik, Mercury, Gemini, Apollo, and the Space Race, my HS Russian tutor being an escaped Jewish woman from USSR, etc. and later, military service during the Cold War. FWIW, I don't remember the earlier USSR manned spacecraft being referred to as Voskhod or Vostok on the TV or radio: no idea if because classified or unreported by network news then, or simply a detail I didn't register because I was a kid.

Even my dog's lineage is from the Czech border dogs and her capability/demeanor faithful to her genetics, remind me constantly of what millions and millions of people went through, and still go through, under Communism and totalitarianism.

The West is fortunate that Russia is providing warnings. The West may ultimately reap what it is sowing.
Same applies to Russia if they make an aggressive move against the West.

What's going on now reminds me of the days of MAD (Mutual Assured Destruction)

10 Thus saith the Lord God; It shall also come to pass, that at the same time shall things come into thy mind, and thou shalt think an evil thought:
11 And thou shalt say, I will go up to the land of unwalled villages; I will go to them that are at rest, that dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates,
12 To take a spoil, and to take a prey; to turn thine hand upon the desolate places that are now inhabited, and upon the people that are gathered out of the nations, which have gotten cattle and goods, that dwell in the midst of the land.
13 Sheba, and Dedan, and the merchants of Tarshish, with all the young lions thereof, shall say unto thee, Art thou come to take a spoil? hast thou gathered thy company to take a prey? to carry away silver and gold, to take away cattle and goods, to take a great spoil?
Ezekiel 38:10-13, KJV

1 Therefore, thou son of man, prophesy against Gog, and say, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I am against thee, O Gog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal:
2 And I will turn thee back, and leave but the sixth part of thee, and will cause thee to come up from the north parts, and will bring thee upon the mountains of Israel:
3 And I will smite thy bow out of thy left hand, and will cause thine arrows to fall out of thy right hand.
4 Thou shalt fall upon the mountains of Israel, thou, and all thy bands, and the people that is with thee: I will give thee unto the ravenous birds of every sort, and to the beasts of the field to be devoured.
5 Thou shalt fall upon the open field: for I have spoken it, saith the Lord God.
6 And I will send a fire on Magog, and among them that dwell carelessly in the isles: and they shall know that I am the Lord.
Ezekiel 39:1-6, KJV

:pray: :pray: :amen: :amen: :thankyou: :thankyou:

If you meant me, I wasn't defending, simply explaining what President Putin said/says. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough in my post.

USSR fought many hot wars to expand influence/territory, obtain resources, and keep people from leaving and from leaving its satellite countries, most of which didn't want to be part of the Soviet Bloc. Refusniks/dissidents very brave standing up (and refusing/dissenting). A lot of people died under horrific conditions in the Soviet Glulag, torture by the KGB, starvation, etc., plus the daily terror of getting ratted out to the government/KGB. What the West/NATO did/does necessary to help promote freedom and prevent more USSR military aggression; economic and intelligence means were/are far less costly in human lives and property than a hot war.

It would be very hard for me to forget USSR is enemy and has been from way before I was born. I remember from my childhood: duck-and-cover, labeled, stocked, and maintained fallout shelters, civil defense drills (not just in school, also in the community), Civil Defense armbands worn by volunteers and government employees, dark green trucks with green emergency lights and PA systems (civil defense trucks), Geiger counters and canned water, some people having bomb shelters in their back yards, Cuban Missile Crisis, sonic booms from military aircraft, nightly news about the latest Soviet threat, military action, or crackdown on dissidents, parents and grandparents talking about what was going on at the time, Soyuz, Sputnik, Mercury, Gemini, Apollo, and the Space Race, my HS Russian tutor being an escaped Jewish woman from USSR, etc. and later, military service during the Cold War. FWIW, I don't remember the earlier USSR manned spacecraft being referred to as Voskhod or Vostok on the TV or radio: no idea if because classified or unreported by network news then, or simply a detail I didn't register because I was a kid.

Even my dog's lineage is from the Czech border dogs and her capability/demeanor faithful to her genetics, remind me constantly of what millions and millions of people went through, and still go through, under Communism and totalitarianism.
not you.

Just as a reminder, this war between Russia and Ukraine is not about the nation people of these two countries.
It's about two wicked Leaders with an ideology that's the same but different perspectives.
Putin wants domination, first by conquering territory he claims belongs to Russia as it was in the days of the Soviet Union. But Putin has his ideology in conquering more to implement his version of The New World Order.
Eurasia.
Zelenski has his ideology, not about sovereignty of Ukraine, but to stop Putin from his ideology for his New World Order. Zelenski is a prodigy of the World Economic Forum with his position as a leader to implement the New World Order according to the Globalists plan.
Both leaders have a wicked agenda and because God has His plan for Jesus return to set up God's Kingdom, these ideologies are futile.
Nevertheless, the threat of conflict between nations over this war are real and lines up with the prophecy of wars and rumors of wars.
Putin may or not be Gog of the Ezekiel 38 prophecy. But a lot can happen between now and that prophecy.
What must be taken into consideration is that all it takes is a Madman of a leader who is nuclear capable that doesn't care if he dies in the process of starting a war with other nuclear power nations
This is why it's important we know what is happening with this war.
No one has to accept this fact, but it is reality.

Why did the mighty US need a coalition to fight Iraq?

On the world stage, it's all about optics.
And satan is a deceiver and loves to invoke fear. He is the author of confusion and chaos.
But we Know God is in Control with Authority given to Jesus over Heaven and Earth, and because God knows the end from the beginning, He has outlined HIS plan that WILL come to pass.
So, we do not fear what the enemy puts out there because he and all of the wicked who follow him have already been defeated. Thus We are also victorious in Jesus.

Back