What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vladimir Putin reveals new 'enemy' as world wakes up to major escalation of conflict

1LoverofGod

Well-known
Russian president Vladimir Putin has claimed the West is the real "enemy" as his invasion of Ukraine approaches its second anniversary.

The former KGB operative, who is seeking re-election in March, claimed forces in western countries including the US and Britain were working to destroy "Russian statehood" - and providing weapons to Ukraine to ensure the world's largest country suffered a "strategic defeat" on the battlefield.

While speaking to a wounded soldier at a military hospital, Putin claimed that "Ukraine itself is not our enemy". He added: "The point is not that they (the West) are helping our enemy. They are our enemy.
"They are solving their own problems with their hands. That is what it is all about.
More

This goes much farther than any alliance, assistance, or friend-of-my-enemy-is-my-enemy/the enemy-of-my-enemy-is-my-friend.

The Soviets and Soviet bloc have long complained that NATO and WWII Allies (Great Britain, France, and U.S.) activities unfairly constrained the Eastern bloc countries, to include not accepting the Ruble in trade and severely limiting trade with USSR and its allies, and were a form of aggression/war toward USSR and Soviet bloc countries.

The Eastern Orthodox Church, especially in Russia, Poland, Romania, and Czechloslovakia has long maintained that the Western church (RCC and all Protestants) are weak, corrupt, and morally liberal/bankrupt.

muslims all over the world call the U.S. "the great satan," and view Western culture as evil and immoral.

The USSR and US have long conducted proxy wars. Vietnam, Afghanistan, Zimbabwe, South America, etc., etc., etc.

The internet, cell phones, and instant world-wide communication, especially including video, mean more people know what is going on.

Nothing really new here, to include "interesting" alliances and activities.

However, the immensely increased number of people knowing what is going on could be construed as another type of fulfillment of this verse in Daniel:

4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.
Daniel 12:4, KJV

Back