What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video: Democrat congressman calls for ‘civil war conditions,’ to disqualify Trump if he wins

A resurfaced video shows Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-Md.) unveiling a plan for Congress to implement “civil war conditions” and disqualify former President Donald Trump if he wins the November presidential election.

According to Legal Insurrection, Raskin’s comments were given in February during an appearance at the Politics and Prose bookstore in Washington, D.C., prior to the Supreme Court’s ruling that individual states could not prohibit Trump from appearing on the ballot by using the 14th Amendment.

The Maryland Democrat claimed that if the Supreme Court ruled that states could not remove Trump from the ballot, then Congress would have to act to disqualify the former president from a second term in the White House.

“The court is not going to save us,” Raskin said. “And so that means the only thing that really works is people in motion amending the Constitution.” The congressman also claimed that the protections included in the Constitution can “slip away from you very quickly.”

Raskin then suggested that there would be “civil war conditions” and that Congress would “need bodyguards for everybody.” The Democrat lawmaker claimed that civil war conditions and bodyguards would be necessary because the Supreme Court justices “simply do not want to do their job and interpret what the great Fourteenth Amendment means.”

More

It will be imaginary fighters vs real ones one of these days. I don't think the blue hairs have the stomach for a real fight. The last time they were out in the streets they were mollycoddled on their own turf. They coming knocking on these doors, there is no way on God's earth I'm going to let one of them push me or my people around. Ever. I'd sooner be spit on and wasted in a ditch.

Where is the outrage in the media for a congressman calling for the overturn of a democratic election? Where is even a mention of it? Can you imagine if a MAGA Republican had said the same thing about a Democrat candidate for the presidency? Sadly this country no longer has an independent fourth estate: true public interest journalism no longer exists. The media, now concentrated in the hands of a very few strong Democrat financiers and friends, has become nothing more than the propaganda arm of the Democrat party. The people of this nation have been abandoned in the pursuit selfish interests by the elite.

• “Freedom of the press is not just important to democracy, it is democracy.” – Walter Cronkite
  • “The press was to serve the governed, not the governors.” – Hugo Black.
  • “A free press is not a privilege but an organic necessity in a great society.” – Walter Lippmann.
(Quotes courtesy of India's leading business daily: The Business Standard.)

You know, I think that the powers that be know this (people are not up for round 2).... which means there may be different tactics.

I think this calls for prayer for the Lord's protection and super natural wisdom.

Remembering (me too) that God's Word asks us to respect authority (barring disobedience to the Lord) for the Lord's sake i.e. He's working His plan through and despite these people. That's not to say one shouldn't exercise their legal rights.

There's a real lesson on this with Josiah, a very Godly king who came against God, Who was indeed working through an ungodly leader of the nation of Egypt (the Bible records God's done this before with other leaders of the world), in 2 Chronicles 35:

After all this, when Josiah had prepared the temple, Neco king of Egypt came up to make war at Carchemish on the Euphrates, and Josiah went out to meet him.

But Neco sent messengers to Josiah, saying, “What business do we have with each other, O King of Judah? I am not coming against you today, but against the house with which I am at war, and God has ordered me to hurry. Stop for your own sake from interfering with God who is with me, so that He will not destroy you.”

Yet Josiah would not turn away from him, but disguised himself in order to fight against him. He did not listen to the words of Neco from the mouth of God, but came to fight against him on the plain of Megiddo. The archers shot King Josiah, and the king said to his servants, “Take me away, for I am badly wounded.”

So his servants took him out of the chariot and carried him in the second chariot which he had, and brought him to Jerusalem where he died and was buried in the tombs of his fathers.

2 Chronicles 35:20-24

The fact that Josiah did die testifies he was interfering with God's plans, this coupled with what the passage tells us: He did not listen to the words of Neco from the mouth of God...vs 22.

That's sobering to me! Of course a reader might think, 'why didn't Josiah check in with God first?'

And this is where we have the great advantage to take a lesson and seek God in our current situations, remembering He asks us to pray for our leaders, which is pleasing to Him, desiring that all men be saved. 1 Timothy 2.

That old human nature in me sure wants to respond as I'm seeing the world respond, but God's word encourages me to follow His instructions, which is always for the best. :)

• “Freedom of the press is not just important to democracy, it is democracy.” – Walter Cronkite
  • “The press was to serve the governed, not the governors.” – Hugo Black.
  • “A free press is not a privilege but an organic necessity in a great society.” – Walter Lippmann.

Thing is, I don't think we have much in freedom of the press anymore.

Raskin is proof that Harris had a large list of disturbing eligible domestic enemy leftist candidates to choose from for her VPOTUS. It's still hard for me to understand how American constituencies can vote in idiots like this to any office.

Back