What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

US Navy destroyer in Red Sea shoots down cruise missiles potentially headed toward Israel: Pentagon

1LoverofGod

Well-known
The USS Carney, a U.S. Navy guided-missile destroyer in the northern Red Sea, on Thursday shot down multiple missiles and drones launched by Iranian-backed Houthis in Yemen that the Pentagon said were potentially headed toward targets in Israel.

It is the first time in recent memory that a U.S. Navy ship in the Middle East has engaged missiles and drones that were not directly aimed at the vessel.

It's also the first U.S. military action taken to defend Israel in the current crisis and with the U.S. and other countries trying to contain the conflict between Israel and Hamas, the possibility that an Iranian-backed proxy group fired missiles and drones at Israel is sure to increase growing regional tensions.

The ship was in the Red Sea on Thursday evening local time when it intercepted three land attack cruise missiles and several drones, Pentagon spokesman Brig. Gen. Pat Ryder said at a press briefing. U.S. officials on Friday told ABC News that the Carney had brought down four cruise missiles and 14 drones launched by the Houthis, an update from the three missiles and eight drones reported earlier.

More

The ecosystem of the Red Sea is both beautiful and fragile. I hope God watches over and keeps war activities from seriously impacting or destroying it. Likely, just the noise and vibrations of the ships in the water have already disturbed the fish and coral :( Never mind the pollution and trash that always seems to follow :mad: I really enjoyed SCUBA while I was stationed there. Some of the fish live long enough that I might still have some "friends" there :lol:

:pray: :pray: :amen: :amen: :thankyou: :thankyou:

Back