What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two vaccines are effective against the spread of bird flu

Kaatje

Unto Thee I lift my eyes. Ps. 123
Staff member
From my Dutch news outlet:

Two vaccines are effective against the spread of bird flu. This is evident from a Dutch study commissioned by the Ministry of Agriculture, Nature and Food Quality. The ministry calls it an important step in the fight against the bird flu virus.

In September 2023, eighteen hundred chicks from two laying farms were vaccinated against the bird flu virus, writes outgoing Minister Piet Adema (Agriculture) in a letter to the House of Representatives. Eight weeks after vaccination, a number of those vaccinated chickens were deliberately exposed to bird flu. But the birds did not become infected with the virus. There have been no more bird flu outbreaks since then.

More tests will be carried out on several poultry farms over the next year and a half. This examines the effectiveness of the vaccines during the entire period in which chickens lay eggs. The ministry wants to do this with a vaccine that has been authorized on the European market. This is expected to happen after the summer.

During these tests, a lot of attention will be paid to the possible negative effects of vaccination. This could have an effect on trade in eggs or other poultry products, for example. Possible infections within the companies are also strictly monitored. This minimizes the chance that the virus continues to circulate.

The government hopes to eventually be able to vaccinate on a large scale, but this must be done responsibly. Animal and public health and animal welfare must be taken into account. Negative consequences of the vaccination for trade must also be prevented.

Adema is happy with the positive test result. "We are another step further in the vaccination process. Vaccination is an important tool for reducing bird flu infections in kept poultry," said the minister.

WNO speaks of 'pandemic among animals'

The bird flu virus not only infects birds, but also many mammals. The World Health Organization (WHO) therefore speaks of an "animal pandemic".

Jeremy Farrar, WHO's chief scientist, called the outbreak of the H5N1 variant "hugely worrying." According to him, it cannot be ruled out that the very deadly virus will eventually evolve in such a way that it can spread from person to person.

The WHO's chief scientist therefore calls for better global monitoring of the virus. If it ever gets to the point where people can infect each other, the world must be prepared to "respond immediately."

If you dum people won't take vaccines anymore, will push them on you through eggs and chicken meat

Pigs and cattle get vaccinations too, for one thing or another, except for maybe the ones that ghoti eats.

We'll probably never know how much our food supply has caused the degradation of health (mental and physical) in the human population.

Pigs and cattle get vaccinations too, for one thing or another, except for maybe the ones that ghoti eats.

We'll probably never know how much our food supply has caused the degradation of health (mental and physical) in the human population.
Not to mention our drinking water that is full of our own cacophony of excreted pharmaceuticals (like hormones, etc.).

Humanity dumbed down, now enter AI to accelerate the downfall.

It seems the demise of the Gentiles isn't limited to warfare in Israel.

I'm certainly no expert but as one who raises cattle, they certainly are (or should be) vax'd against certain disease and illness. Med's for animals have gone through the roof recently but most everyone I know of still vaccinates. Things like Black leg, Pink eye, and a variety of respiratory diseases can decimate a herd quickly and even spread through neighboring farms. I don't use antibiotics unless absolutely necessary though.

You're right, who knows how much our food supply has been tainted. I imagine someone from a couple hundred years ago would find our food detestable. I'm even old enough to know that fruit doesn't taste like it did years ago.

I'm certainly no expert but as one who raises cattle, they certainly are (or should be) vax'd against certain disease and illness. Med's for animals have gone through the roof recently but most everyone I know of still vaccinates. Things like Black leg, Pink eye, and a variety of respiratory diseases can decimate a herd quickly and even spread through neighboring farms. I don't use antibiotics unless absolutely necessary though.

You're right, who knows how much our food supply has been tainted. I imagine someone from a couple hundred years ago would find our food detestable. I'm even old enough to know that fruit doesn't taste like it did years ago.

My sister was a life long hog farmer and her animals received vaccines. Without vaccines our meat market would look a lot different than it does today, and not in a good way.

My sister was a life long hog farmer and her animals received vaccines. Without vaccines our meat market would look a lot different than it does today, and not in a good way.
Yes, and many don't realize their meat often comes in from other countries. Places where food handling and safety isn't a high priority. USDA inspected means very little when you realize they at best only spot checked and they have no idea the quality of feed, water,or meds given to the animal.

I read recently that some ground meat not only comes from outside the US but still gets a USDA stamp because the final processing is done here. Often that meat comes from dozens, if not hundreds of different animals and is all mixed together.

Yes, and many don't realize their meat often comes in from other countries. Places where food handling and safety isn't a high priority. USDA inspected means very little when you realize they at best only spot checked and they have no idea the quality of feed, water,or meds given to the animal.

I read recently that some ground meat not only comes from outside the US but still gets a USDA stamp because the final processing is done here. Often that meat comes from dozens, if not hundreds of different animals and is all mixed together.

WF used to get grass-fed lamb from New Zealand. At least at the two I usually go to, it's now USA, and usually local (Minnesota or Wisconsin). Although the specific farm sign(s) haven't been up since they did a major reset, etc. in the meat department. Guess I'll have to ask . . . hopefully, they just forgot since they've been really busy recently (Jewish, Christian, muslim, and secular holidays).

The signs in the meat case claim farm traceability for the specific grass-fed beef items I buy. The website also claims this for all meat they sell. I don't think this applies to pre-packaged things that aren't Whole Foods brand, though.

The co-op I go to sometimes only sells local meat out of the case and service case, which they say is Minnesota, Wisconsin, or Iowa, and they always have signs up with the name of the local farm(s)/local farm group, or the package is stickered with the farm name. Some pre-packaged sausages, etc. are not local.

And ya never know what you're getting at fast food places.

Supposedly, chicken at Popeye's was coming from somewhere in the world, where hormones in poultry is allowed, and that's why the pieces, especially breasts, are so large, and why African-American girls in poor areas that are food deserts, and who relied on Popeye's for most non-school meals/protein, were physically maturing so young. IDK 🤷‍♀️:noidea: 🤷‍♂️ but the Parents in one of the areas where I worked, were really unhappy about it.

Supposedly, chicken at Popeye's was coming from somewhere in the world, where hormones in poultry is allowed, and that's why the pieces, especially breasts, are so large, and why African-American girls in poor areas that are food deserts, and who relied on Popeye's for most non-school meals/protein, were physically maturing so young. IDK 🤷‍♀️:noidea: 🤷‍♂️ but the Parents in one of the areas where I worked, were really unhappy about it.

Sounds like hearsay...

Whole fryers in grocery stores have become huge... usually in the neighborhood of 6-7 pounds. I bought one recently that was a little under 4 pounds. I avoid the big ones. I like 3 pounders. I used to keep a half dozen chicken carcasses in the freezer and would have that for dinner often back when I could get smaller ones. This recent purchase was probably the first chicken carcass I've purchased in over a year because what's been available to me is just too large for my liking.

WF used to get grass-fed lamb from New Zealand. At least at the two I usually go to, it's now USA, and usually local (Minnesota or Wisconsin). Although the specific farm sign(s) haven't been up since they did a major reset, etc. in the meat department. Guess I'll have to ask . . . hopefully, they just forgot since they've been really busy recently (Jewish, Christian, muslim, and secular holidays).

The signs in the meat case claim farm traceability for the specific grass-fed beef items I buy. The website also claims this for all meat they sell. I don't think this applies to pre-packaged things that aren't Whole Foods brand, though.

The co-op I go to sometimes only sells local meat out of the case and service case, which they say is Minnesota, Wisconsin, or Iowa, and they always have signs up with the name of the local farm(s)/local farm group, or the package is stickered with the farm name. Some pre-packaged sausages, etc. are not local.
Sounds like you do your due diligence in getting the meat products that you want.
Buying local or direct from the source (or the fewest steps removed from the source) is usually best IMO but not everyone has that option.
We used to be able to trust our sources of food and the agencies set up to protect us
:eye roll:, but not so much anymore. I know of a local meat processor who unfortunately became known for some very shady practices. Sometimes the prime Angus steer you've been growing off for the last 2 years isn't what you actually get back!

I can tell from your posts that you know this already, but some don't realize that often times when a package is marked "Grass Fed" or "Free Range" that those are usually marketing gimmicks and really don't tell you much. All cattle are grass fed, though other acceptable and healthy forages are used at times. Many think grass fed means extra healthy or 100% grass even to include finishing the cattle to prepare them for processing, which is highly unlikely with commercially bought beef.
When I would put up one of my own beef in the freezer, I personally liked the taste of grain finished steaks.

We used to be able to trust our sources of food and the agencies set up to protect us
:eye roll:
, but not so much anymore. I know of a local meat processor who unfortunately became known for some very shady practices. Sometimes the prime Angus steer you've been growing off for the last 2 years isn't what you actually get back!

When I would put up one of my own beef in the freezer, I personally liked the taste of grain finished steaks.
I hope he or she isn't in business anymore :mad:

I can tell from your posts that you know this already, but some don't realize that often times when a package is marked "Grass Fed" or "Free Range" that those are usually marketing gimmicks and really don't tell you much. All cattle are grass fed, though other acceptable and healthy forages are used at times. Many think grass fed means extra healthy or 100% grass even to include finishing the cattle to prepare them for processing, which is highly unlikely with commercially bought beef.

WF has grass-fed differentiated from pasture-raised (grass-fed/grain finished) and "regular." They look, smell, and taste differently from one anther. "Free range" could mean anything in the beef world.

The Coop grass-fed tastes a little different, and the grass-fed in Missouri tasted different from the grass-fed here. I "assume" differences are attributable to the kind of grass, other plants growing in the pasture, soil, water, climate, and age, species, and gender of cow.

When I cleaned up Parents' diet (organic, grass-fed, home-made, lots of GARLIC, ONIONS, etc. to the extent possible), they started looking and acting younger and healthier. They didn't get sick like they were, didn't need any OTC :) and Dad got off a prescription inhaler entirely for well over a year (or two years), until we got severe forest fire smoke from Canada/Northern Minnesota. Minor problem, the old inhaler was seriously expired, and the several available refills couldn't be honored because the prescription was so old :lol: It just so happened that not having to fill that prescription also kept Dad out of the "donut hole," too :lol: So there, too,BIGPharma! :lol:

The farm names are back up. Yay!
Unfortunately, some other signs are up . . .the USA lamb is pasture-raised, not grass-fed, meaning grass-fed, grain-finished :mad:

Fortunately, the ground lamb is still from New Zealand, and thus, grass-fed. One of the butchers said the boneless leg of lamb, when they get it back in, should also still be from New Zealand and grass-fed. Evidently de-boning is time-consuming.

May have to visit the WF on the other side of the metro and see what they have.
and the meat market not far from Parents' house.

wonder if there's a Kosher meat market somewhere around here . . .

Hope I don't have to rely on the Co-op because expensive. Or scout the halal shops :(

:pray: :pray: :amen: :amen: :thankyou: :thankyou:

Back