What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truth!

Goodboy

Just waiting for the Rapture at this point!
Stay with me here…

Would you agree that the ONLY truth comes from the Bible?
If so then everyone including me needs to stop stating our opinion as if it is the truth! This also applies to Pastors! When a Pastor quotes the Bible, I am right there with them. When they make a statement regarding what is not in the Bible, I question them.

It is my belief that everyone should do the same! 👍

God Bless! :love:

If I say I love carnitas, I'm speaking the truth and that came from within me, not from the Bible. That said, I think you're limiting what your saying to things relative to Scripture... but am not sure if that's the case or not. You would have to clarify to me the truth of that matter.

If so then everyone including me needs to stop stating our opinion as if it is the truth!

I agree with this. On the occasions that I'm listening to Biblical topics being spoken about, too often I hear things said that are nothing more than speculation but they're spoken of as if it were truth taken right out of the Bible.

When posting on these Boards, I try to be careful to state that something is my opinion in the way I write things out. There is a big difference in "I think this is the way that things will happen", and "This is the way things will happen". Speculation about future events is fine, in my opinion, so long as we let the audience know that what we're saying is speculation.

Back