What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truth vs Heresy: Examining God’s Special Relationship With His Chosen People

Almost Heaven

Well-known
ByAmir Tsarfati
June 12, 2024
Among the many consequences of the fallacies of Replacement Theology and Dual Covenant Theology is they rob the beauty we can witness and the lessons we can learn from God’s relationship with His chosen people.

Replacement Theology says that God replaced His chosen people with another group, the church. Dual Covenant theology says God has a different covenant through which He will save the Jews than He does for the salvation of the Gentiles. Both teachings are grievous errors in Biblical interpretation and thieves and robbers of wonderful truths.

Jeremiah 31:35-37 KJV – “Thus saith the Lord, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The Lord of hosts is his name: If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the Lord, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever. Thus saith the Lord; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the Lord.”

Replacement Theology requires that God break an everlasting, unconditional covenant made with both Israel and the land He promised to them. Dual Covenant theology makes the Holy One of Israel a misnomer because they sat that Israel can be saved without the One whom the title represents, Jesus.

The truth is that Israel has not been replaced by the church, and in order for any Jew to be saved they must come to the King of Jews for salvation just like any Gentile.

Among the many consequences of the fallacies of Replacement Theology and Dual Covenant Theology is they rob the beauty we can witness and the lessons we can learn from God’s relationship with His chosen people.
Where I go to church we are reading the Book of Isaiah now. If anyone invests study time in the OT to understand God's special relationship with Israel they can't buy in to Replacement or Dual Covenant Theology.

Back