What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trump says he would allow Fed Chair Powell to finish his term if re-elected

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said that he would allow Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell to finish his term at the helm of the central bank if he wins the November election.

"I would let him serve it out, especially if I thought he was doing the right thing," Trump said, according to a Bloomberg News interview that took place in June.

Although he was nominated to lead the central bank by Trump in 2017, Powell faced relentless criticism from the former president, who repeatedly threatened to fire the Fed chief and admonished him as a "bonehead" for raising interest rates. In nominating Powell, Trump also broke with precedent in passing over Janet Yellen, the former Fed chair who was nominated by then-President Barack Obama, for a second term.

Why would Trump allow this man to remain as Federal Reserve Chair to finish his term?
Powell is an Obama appointee, twice, and he's contemplating on converting the US dollar into CBDC, just what the globalists want.
He thinks we can't jump into it but that's where he thinks we will eventually go.

Actually, I thought Powell was appointed by Trump?
Actually Powell was appointed by Obama to the Feds Board of Governors and was appointed by Trump as Fed Chair.

"President Barack Obama appointed him to the Fed’s Board of Governors in 2012. In 2017, President Donald Trump nominated Powell to a four-year term as Fed chair, succeeding Yellen. The Senate confirmed Powell’s nomination in early 2018 by a bipartisan vote of 83 to 14"

Back