What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top adviser to Khamenei says Iran will back Hezbollah with all means if war breaks out

A top adviser to Iran’s Supreme Leader says the Islamic Republic and its proxies would support Hezbollah with “all means” if Israel launches a war in Lebanon, the Financial Times reports.
While stressing that Iran is not interested in a war, Kamal Kharrazi, Ali Khamenei’s foreign affairs adviser, warns that “there would be a chance of expansion of the war to the whole region, in which all countries including Iran would become engaged. In that situation, we would have no choice but to support Hezbollah by all means.”

He notes that such a war serves neither the interests of Iran nor of the US.

A second Iranian official tells the UK paper that Iran is unlikely to attack Israel directly, instead leaning on armed proxy groups.

More

For the first time, Im feeling a little skeptical Israel will launch a full blown attack against Hezbollah. Perhaps its public posturing, then again, maybe the attack will come sooner rather than later. I also believe Iran hopes Israel will not force them to fight, a fight Iran cant win.

For the first time, Im feeling a little skeptical Israel will launch a full blown attack against Hezbollah. Perhaps its public posturing, then again, maybe the attack will come sooner rather than later. I also believe Iran hopes Israel will not force them to fight, a fight Iran cant win.

I suspect Israel would settle for the heavy barrages of missiles stopping so they can reclaim their northern territory. By now they're war weary and fighting among themselves.

I suspect Israel would settle for the heavy barrages of missiles stopping so they can reclaim their northern territory. By now they're war weary and fighting among themselves.
Exactly. Their government is ready to topple. Even the IDF is not in agreement with decisions being made. Some are doing as they please without the authority from the PM. Like releasing those prisoners.
Without unity to support engaging in what could become a regional war, it will get ugly.

Exactly. Their government is ready to topple. Even the IDF is not in agreement with decisions being made. Some are doing as they please without the authority from the PM. Like releasing those prisoners.
Without unity to support engaging in what could become a regional war, it will get ugly.
I have been out of the loop lately. What happened to the unity they had after the October attacks?

I have been out of the loop lately. What happened to the unity they had after the October attacks?
Oh my. Several Knesset members have quit. The knesset is the government made up of different political stances which is problematic in itself.
Another person, a female, quit yesterday. Netanyahu has had a bomb thrown into his home this past week. Then someone sent him a "mysterious package", but thus far investigators haven't found anything nefarious.
The IDF has been doing their own thing not following orders from the commanders. Ganz was part of the government and he went behind the Prime Minister s back to meet with the White House and was making policy against Netanyahu's authority.
It's been chaotic.

I was thinking Netanyahu was friendly toward LGBTQ. Was I wrong?
No he isn't a fan but he's too politically savvy to say it. His base is the religious right wing - which includes the ones who have a religious exemption from army service (another whole problem there) and the non religious right wing. He can't risk offending the ultra liberals and leftists because Israel runs on coalition govts, which is because they have a multitude of parties, non of whom can win enough seats in the Knesset for a majority. So whenever a coalition is cobbled together it includes warring factions that have to be appeased to stay on board.

Rose nailed his problems above in a nutshell. The agreements are fragmenting, the factions are at war with each other and Gantz saw an opportunity again to bring the govt down into elections by walking out and talking about he would have done things better than Bibi did.

Tel Aviv is the gay capitol of Israel, but it's also home to a large chunk of their population so if there's protests it's either Jerusalem or Tel Aviv and Tel Aviv is the usual choice. Gay or straight, the protests will happen there more often.

No he isn't a fan but he's too politically savvy to say it. His base is the religious right wing - which includes the ones who have a religious exemption from army service (another whole problem there) and the non religious right wing. He can't risk offending the ultra liberals and leftists because Israel runs on coalition govts, which is because they have a multitude of parties, non of whom can win enough seats in the Knesset for a majority. So whenever a coalition is cobbled together it includes warring factions that have to be appeased to stay on board.

Rose nailed his problems above in a nutshell. The agreements are fragmenting, the factions are at war with each other and Gantz saw an opportunity again to bring the govt down into elections by walking out and talking about he would have done things better than Bibi did.

Tel Aviv is the gay capitol of Israel, but it's also home to a large chunk of their population so if there's protests it's either Jerusalem or Tel Aviv and Tel Aviv is the usual choice. Gay or straight, the protests will happen there more often.
Yeah negotiating and to a degree appeasing his enemies was a real strength of Bibi's, now the wolves are out for blood again.

I'm wondering whether Bibi being in leadership keeps Israel heading towards the prophetic wars or whether they'd actually increase if he were to lose government ?

Isn't Tel Aviv where Amir Tsarfati lives as well ?
He lives just near the Armageddon area actually.

Yeah negotiating and to a degree appeasing his enemies was a real strength of Bibi's, now the wolves are out for blood again.

I'm wondering whether Bibi being in leadership keeps Israel heading towards the prophetic wars or whether they actually increase if he were to lose government ?
Now THAT is something that I keep wondering about.

I actually think (just my gut sense, opinion, take it with a heaping truckload of salt) that Bibi will not be in leadership when the big stuff goes down. Although Oct 7 happened on his watch so I'm probably wrong.

It just strikes me that if Gantz or his buddies Bennett and Lapid were in charge again like they were briefly before Bibi got back-- that they would be striking deals in back rooms all over the place.

Gantz has said he wants to do things Biden's way. Those 3 were not good at discernment, nor at realizing where Israel's greatest perils come from. So I've always thought that when anything that required Israel to have a relaxed blind attitude towards incoming threats, based off back room deals with allies and Euros happened, it wouldn't be Bibi, it would more likely be Gantz.

While Isaiah 17 doesn't suggest that the IDF and Israeli leaders are asleep at the switch, Ezekiel 38 sure does.

LOL you may have beaten me to it Rose i've posted an interview Tom Hughes had with Bill Salus in relation to the possible direction of the Hezbollah War.

Bill also discusses Eze 28 in relation to God Humiliating Sidon which is in Lebanon:

LOL you may have beaten me to it Rose i've posted an interview Tom Hughes had with Bill Salus in relation to the possible direction of the Hezbollah War.

Bill also discusses Eze 28 in relation to God Humiliating Sidon which is in Lebanon:

I saw the same video. Interesting possibilities

Back