What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thoughts from my heart

Betty52

Well-known
November 9, 2023

Happy Thursday,

When We Are Overwhelmed

“Promise #313:
I am your light and your salvation, the strength of your life.

Psalm 27:1 (WEB)
Yahweh is my light and my salvation. Whom shall I fear?
Yahweh is the strength of my life. Of whom shall I be afraid?”

There are times that we feel overwhelmed. We may be dealing with health issues while taking care of a loved one with physical needs. We may be suffering the loss of a loved one. We may even feel abandoned.

Yet, in the midst of our suffering, we can remind ourselves that God is with us. Many times God uses fellow Christians to encourage us. The kindness of others can give us that boost we need to keep trusting in God and to continue on in our work for the glory of God.

As we continue in our walk with God let us pray for others who also are walking in dark times. May God help us be a light of encouragement to others.

Pray for Israel.

Maranatha,

Betty

November 9, 2023

Happy Thursday,

When We Are Overwhelmed

“Promise #313:
I am your light and your salvation, the strength of your life.

Psalm 27:1 (WEB)
Yahweh is my light and my salvation. Whom shall I fear?
Yahweh is the strength of my life. Of whom shall I be afraid?”

There are times that we feel overwhelmed. We may be dealing with health issues while taking care of a loved one with physical needs. We may be suffering the loss of a loved one. We may even feel abandoned.

Yet, in the midst of our suffering, we can remind ourselves that God is with us. Many times God uses fellow Christians to encourage us. The kindness of others can give us that boost we need to keep trusting in God and to continue on in our work for the glory of God.

As we continue in our walk with God let us pray for others who also are walking in dark times. May God help us be a light of encouragement to others.

Pray for Israel.

Maranatha,

Betty
Betty I am so (y)(y) glad you have a new home to post your wonderful :hug: blessing posts once again. :bighug:I just landed on 777 on my like count after posting this.

November 11, 2023

Happy Saturday,

Hope

“For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope.” - Romans 15:4

In today’s world, hope is often in limited supply. Just watching the daily news can drain us personally of hope. We need to place our hope in God and not mankind.

There is no man that can fix this world. The world rejected Christ the only one that can bring true peace. Because of this choice, the world will accept the Antichrist who will bring an illusion of peace.

His peace will come at the cost of a person’s soul. Millions will accept his terms and will bow their knees to him. Not realizing they are worshipping the devil.

How sad it is that people will worship the one who will bring a season of peace that will bring with it an eternity in hell! We can have hope even now in Jesus, knowing that the troubles of this world cannot compare to the glories of an eternity in Heaven. Where there is no evil nor sin.

My friend come to Jesus and accept salvation before it is too late. Seek forgiveness for your sins and worship the only true God, Jesus.

Pray for Israel.

Maranatha,

Betty

John 16:33

New King James Version

33 “These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you [a]will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”

October 12, 2023

Blessed Sunday,

Fear Not

Isaiah 41:10

Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’

I woke up suddenly from a dream this morning, because I cursed in my dream. I am not one who uses cuss words. This dream scared me. I immediately begged God for forgiveness.

The thing is we have no control over our dreams. I believe this was an attack from Satan to fill my heart with fear. When I awoke Satan began to fill my mind with doubts that I would go to Heaven.

Thankfully, the Holy Spirit calmed me and reminded me that my salvation is secure in Jesus. The devil is the one who spreads fear not our Heavenly Father. God brings comfort and peace to His children. We need not fear the lies of Satan, but instead trust in the promises of our God.

Pray for Israel.

Maranatha,

Betty

November 14, 2023

Happy Tuesday,

"The days are coming," declares the Lord, "when I will fulfill the good promise I made to the people of Israel and Judah." Jeremiah 33:14, NIV

One day God will bring a New Jerusalem down where will people can worship.

Revelation 21

All Things Made New

Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. .

This New Jerusalem will never be touched by sin. This city will be glorious beyond our imagination. All troubles that have plagued us throughout our lifetime will be beyond our memories.

Until that day we look forward with great anticipation. We trust God to help us perform in a way that is pleasing to our Heavenly Father. As children of God, our desire should be to please God.

We live in uncertain times. We may feel afraid at times, but we can always be assured our Heavenly Father is with us. Do not give. Stand firm in your faith.

Pray for Israel.

Maranatha,

Betty

November 15, 2023

Happy Wednesday,

“Stand Fast”

2 Thessalonians 2:13-17

New King James Version

Stand Fast

13 But we are [a]bound to give thanks to God always for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth, 14 to which He called you by our gospel, for the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast and hold the traditions which you were taught, whether by word or our [c]epistle.

16 Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and our God and Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting consolation and good hope by grace, 17 comfort your hearts and [d]establish you in every good word and work.

It is more important than ever to stand fast in our faith. The devil is seeking to weaken the faith of Christians. Sadly, many Christians have left the truth of the Gospel for a Gospel that fits in with the world’s standards. Christians have become more concerned about pleasing the world.

It is heartbreaking when leaders in the Church have left the truth of the Gospel and are leading others with them. Some accepting sin as acceptable to God which is a lie from the devil.

We must guard our hearts and use the Bible as our guide. We may find that we have those we we love and care for abandoned us. We must remind ourselves that pleasing God should be our most important goal.

Pray for Israel.

Maranatha,

Betty

November 16, 2023

Happy 16, 2023

Faith is Believing in What We Cannot See

To have faith is to be sure of the things we hope for, and to be certain of the things we cannot see. Hebrews 11:1, TEV

Someone I love is losing their faith in God because God has chosen not to heal him. In fairness, this person has lost a lot over the years, but faith in God is trusting in Him when His answer to our prayer is no.

I believe the closer we get to the rapture the more the devil is going to sew doubts into believers. We must keep our faith strong in the Lord. Whatever we have lost on this earth, will not compare to the glories of Heaven.

We must stay focused on our future in Heaven. This person has also stopped believing that Jesus is coming soon. Yet even if we had 20 more years of suffering it would still be worth it all, when we see Jesus.

As Christians, let us pray for those whose faith is waning. Often our words mean nothing to those who are close to us. Our prayers are never wasted.

Pray for Israel.

Maranatha,

Betty

Back