What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The US campaign to oust Netanyahu

Kaatje

Unto Thee I lift my eyes. Ps. 123
Staff member

The US secretary of state is pushing a plan for the Palestinian Authority to take over Gaza.​

Is Israel on the cusp of political upheaval? In recent days, evidence has grown that two key actors—the Biden administration and Israel’s security establishment—are both pushing the country in that direction to advance their longstanding common goal of ousting Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and the religious-right bloc from power.

The Biden administration showed its hand on Tuesday when US Secretary of State Anthony Blinken gave Israel an ultimatum to support Palestinian statehood or risk demonization by the administration.

Speaking at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, Blinken restated the administration’s demand that Netanyahu present a plan for the day after the war against Hamas in Gaza and the administration’s goal of using the war to establish a Palestinian state. Blinken insisted that the only side that refuses to accept the administration’s goal is the Israeli public—and its leader, Netanyahu.

I caught a headline from CBC this morning that sounded like Canada (Trudeau) stands with Biden against Netanyahu. :headbang:
Yeah and our Chinese lesbian foreign minister has decided to go fly to Israel just to say Australia encourages a ceasfire and most likely to push for a 2 syate solution as well.

At the moment wenhave 2 crazy cyclones to the north of our country, one of the hottest heat waves on records and floods.

I hate to see what our countries are gonna cop next if they keep up this rhetoric

Bibi has been dancing around a land for peace deal - this is what was on the table back in late September with the Saudi's as reported by Reuters. It's big on what the Saudis were asking, but buried deep down over half way this is what it would cost Israel- and all of this was before the Gazans and Hamas attacked Israel on Oct 7 '23

"Nevertheless, diplomats and the regional sources said MbS was insisting on some commitments from Israel to show he was not abandoning the Palestinians and that he was seeking to keep the door open to a two-state solution.

Those would include demanding Israel transfer some Israeli-controlled territory in the West Bank to the Palestinian Authority (PA), limit Jewish settlement activity and halt any steps to annex parts of the West Bank. Riyadh has also promised financial aid to the PA, the diplomats and sources said."

Back