What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The unchanging Word of the One True God

Heb 13:5-6; Dt 31:8; Gen 28:13-15; Mt 28:18-20 I will never leave you nor forsake you until I have done what I have spoken to you.
Do we believe this? This is the Word of the LORD to us, as it was to Jacob, and to Joshua and the children of Israel.

The last couple of months we have heard messages from different teachers regarding God’s word, knowing the truth, reading the Bible, God’s order in families and in local churches/congregations. What has been common to all of these is we have all been teaching from what is written in the whole of the Bible – the Tenach and the New Testament. We may disagree on how we understand and interpret some of what is written, but we agree that the authority is found in the written Word that we have received.

Our salvation is secured by the Word of God. He says that whoever believes on His Son, the Messiah, the Lord Yeshua/Jesus, who was sent from Heaven to die on a cross in Jerusalem, shedding His blood for an everlasting New Covenant, by which our sins are forgiven, and God’s righteousness is reckoned to us who believe, we will not perish but inherit everlasting life in the presence of God in a new heavens and new Earth. He also says, that whoever does not believe in Jesus Christ His Son, will forever be separated in the lake of fire from the presence of the living God of the living. (Jn 3:13-19)

Do we believe this?! The good, and the bad?

Continue Reading

From the article:

Again, I ask if we believe this. Our lives depend upon it! If we add to or take away from what the Holy Spirit, or the Lord Himself says, or what the Father has spoken, then we make Him a liar, or else someone like us who are ‘yes’ and ‘no’, without being trustworthy with our own words. Let GOD be found true, and every man a liar! We are saved by grace when we recognize and confess that we can never justify ourselves, for there is no one righteous but YHVH, according to the unchanging Scriptures. (Ps 14:1-3; Ps 53:1-3 [4 Heb]; Lk 18:18-19; Job 40:6-8; Rom 3:4, 9-18)

The fear of YHVH is the beginning of wisdom, understanding, and knowledge, which at least means that we that there is a God, and that He is YHVH, and that we will believe that God says what He means, and that He means what He says. His Word judges us; we do not judge God! If we do, He will be found righteous, and we ignorant. (Is 66:1-2; Heb 12:12-13; Job 42:1-6) Our God knows our hearts when we have questions, whether we, like Job, have a heart for Him even if we do not know why He is letting us suffer; or whether we are rebellious and want to accuse and blame Him, justifying ourselves.

Back