What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rich Man and the Poor Man

Goodboy

Just waiting for the Rapture at this point!
The Rich Man and the Poor Man

There was a rich man who had many cars most of which he never drove. There came a poor man that needed a car so that he could purchase some food at a store that was miles away. He asked the rich man if he could borrow one of his cars and at what price. The rich man said “All you need do is to ask my son for the keys as I have given him authority over my cars and there is no price, I give this to you freely”.

The poor man does as instructed and asks the rich man’s son for the keys and receives them. He then drives the car to the store and buys all the food he needs. He is so grateful that he fills the car with gas and washes it. When he returns the car, the rich man seeing the car full of gas and washed gives the poor man a little money to help him out. The rich man tells the poor man to tell all his friends that if they ever need to borrow a car, all they need do is to ask his son for the keys and there was no price as this would be a free service.

So the poor man is now very excited with this news that he is sure all his friends will be happy to hear. The poor man is very impressed with how generous the rich man is! As soon as he has an opportunity he tells all his friends about this wonderful rich man. He tells them that if they ever need to borrow a car all they have to do is to ask the rich man’s son for the keys. He states that there is no cost as this is an entirely free service. He then states that the only other thing you have to do is fill the car with gas and wash it.

Does this story sound familiar? Don’t add works to God’s free gift.

Goodboy :)

Back