What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Prophecy of Elam

**In part ...

The passage it so beautifully illuminates is Jeremiah 49:34-39 which describes the fate of the ancient nations of Elam. It reads as follows:​

Judgment on Elam​

34 The word of the Lord that came to Jeremiah the prophet against Elam, in the beginning of the reign of Zedekiah king of Judah, saying, 35 “Thus says the Lord of hosts:

‘Behold, I will break the bow of Elam,
The foremost of their might.
36 Against Elam I will bring the four winds
From the four quarters of heaven,
And scatter them toward all those winds;
There shall be no nations where the outcasts of Elam will not go.
37 For I will cause Elam to be dismayed before their enemies
And before those who seek their life.
I will bring disaster upon them,
My fierce anger,’ says the Lord;
‘And I will send the sword after them
Until I have consumed them.
38 I will set My throne in Elam,
And will destroy from there the king and the princes,’ says the Lord.
39 ‘But it shall come to pass in the latter days:
I will bring back the captives of Elam,’ says the Lord.”

This rather obscure passage says that “in the last days” Elam’s military might will be broken and that the nation’s population will be widely scattered. The passage further states that this disaster will happen because of the Lord’s “fierce anger” against them. But the passage ends with good news. It says that one day the Lord will bring back the captives of Elam and reestablish them in their land. It also promises that at that time, the Lord will set His throne in Elam.

Interpreting the Prophecy

The first thing Bill does is to clearly delineate the geographical area of Elam. He identifies it as one-tenth of modern day Iran, being located between the Persian Gulf and the Zagros Mountains, as indicated in the adjacent map. He then points out that the Iranian nuclear reactor is located today in the southern portion of this precise area at Bushehr, on the coast of the Persian Gulf.

Read complete Article:

Fascinating information! I concur with David Reagan that "we are told in Daniel 12:8-9 that not all end time prophecies will be understood until the time comes for them to be fulfilled. Furthermore, my study of First Coming prophecies had convinced me long ago that there were most likely Second Coming prophecies that had not been recognized as such." I will not be at all surprised if what Bill Salus has discovered in this ancient prophecy in Isaiah comes to pass in the very near future.

I've got something fun for you all that is another Bill Salus, same topic in which he explains some really interesting bits about Hezbollah tying it into Ezek 28 and explaining why the many attempts to place Ezek 28 in the past are wrong, that it is one of the preconditions for Ezek 38 and we could be seeing it come to pass soon if this war expands up into Lebanon.

Around the 20:00 mark or just after he uses Ezek 28: 25-26 to point out that interesting precondition to Ezek 38. here it is from KJV with the surrounding vs for context: Zidon is Sidon

That last verse hit me like a ton of bricks.

21 Son of man, set thy face against Zidon, and prophesy against it,

22 And say, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I am against thee, O Zidon; and I will be glorified in the midst of thee: and they shall know that I am the Lord, when I shall have executed judgments in her, and shall be sanctified in her.

23 For I will send into her pestilence, and blood into her streets; and the wounded shall be judged in the midst of her by the sword upon her on every side; and they shall know that I am the Lord.

24 And there shall be no more a pricking brier unto the house of Israel, nor any grieving thorn of all that are round about them, that despised them; and they shall know that I am the Lord God.

25 Thus saith the Lord God; When I shall have gathered the house of Israel from the people among whom they are scattered, and shall be sanctified in them in the sight of the heathen, then shall they dwell in their land that I have given to my servant Jacob.

26 And they shall dwell safely therein, and shall build houses, and plant vineyards; yea, they shall dwell with confidence, when I have executed judgments upon all those that despise them round about them; and they shall know that I am the Lord their God.
In the video he references an article he wrote located on his site, which is quite helpful to follow along with in the video. For ease I've linked it here:

The articles from Bill's site are helpful, here is another that I've enjoyed that actually deals with why the prophecy of Elam is not fulfilled in the past. This adds to the above study that Rose shared at the start of this thread.

thanks for posting Margery, i caught about half of the video but fell asleep.

So what i took out of that video is that Bill reckons that victory over Sidon or that war with Hezbollah (where they are kind of based) is what brings about Israel's mindset of dwelling safely ?

thanks for posting Margery, i caught about half of the video but fell asleep.

So what i took out of that video is that Bill reckons that victory over Sidon or that war with Hezbollah (where they are kind of based) is what brings about Israel's mindset of dwelling safely ?
Exactly right. I actually found it easier to read the article linked above, it had the meat of the video and easier to go back over the points.

Back