What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Point of No Return (Part 2 of 2)

By Nathan Jones for
The Christ in Prophecy

In the first part of Pastor Terry Cooper’s sermon, “The Point of No Return,” he explored how Judah and Jerusalem passed God’s point of no return with their twin evils of idolatry and child sacrifice, and so faced their destruction. Now Terry will explore if this lesson is applicable to the United States of America today.

Terry Cooper: So what about America? Have we passed the point of no return? I do not know. I do know that we serve the same God that declared judgment on Judah and Jerusalem—for idolatry and the shedding of innocent blood.

God would say to those in our nation who flaunt their wickedness, “Am I the one you are hurting?” They hurt themselves to their own shame. Why? Because there is a point of no return with God. A point beyond which God says, “Do not intercede with prayer. Do not weep for them anymore, for I will not listen to them when they cry out to me in distress” (Jeremiah 11:14).

Even holy men like Noah, Daniel and Job can’t intercede. Fasting won’t work. Jeremiah 14:11 tells us: “And when they fast, I will pay no attention. And when they present their burnt offerings and grain offerings to me, I will not accept them. Instead, I will devour them with war, famine, and disease.”

False Hope Abounds ......
Read more

Sobering but very excellent article in my opinion. We cannot think that somehow the God of the new testament is different than the God of the old testament. He is God and He does not change. He is a God of love and mercy but He is also a God of justice and the Bible says He is angry with the wicked every day.

Back