What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

South Africa accuses Israel of genocide, seeks UN court intervention

1LoverofGod

Well-known
South Africa has opened a case against Israel at the UN's International Court of Justice (ICJ), accusing the Jewish state of genocide.

The application instituting proceedings against Israel based on the basis of alleged violations of the "Genocide Convention" as Israel's military campaign on Gaza continues.

"According to the Application, acts and omissions by Israel are genocidal in character, as they are committed with the requisite specific intent to destroy Palestinians in Gaza as a part of the broader Palestinian national, racial and ethnical group," stated an ICJ press release.

While the resolution of any ICJ case typically takes years, South Africa urges the court to convene quickly and issue provisional measures, including a cease-fire.

More

Related

Israel to defend itself at ICJ's genocide hearing on Gaza​

The State of Israel plans to contest charges of genocide against Palestinians in Gaza at a hearing likely to be scheduled for next week before the International Court of Justice at The Hague.

The hearing was triggered by South Africa, which charged that Israel was in violation of the United Nations 1948 Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of Genocide.

“The State of Israel will appear before the ICJ at The Hague to dispel South Africa’s absurd blood libel,” government spokesman Eylon Levy told reporters in Jerusalem on Tuesday.

“How tragic that the rainbow nation that prides itself on fighting racism will be fighting pro-bono for anti-Jewish racists,” he said.

More

The world's unmitigated hatred towards Israel is like a giant neon sign flashing "God IS!" But I reckon the world doesn't see it. Believers should, though.
Ezekiel 36:21-23 tells us why God has been regathering His people to the land of Israel, and though God has partially hardened the heart of the nation of Israel until they call out to Jesus "Blessed is He Who comes in the name of The Lord", God's Holy name is not going to be slandered and He will accomplish what He has set out to do as He states in Isaiah 55:11.

21 But I had concern for My holy name, which the house of Israel had profaned among the nations wherever they went.

22 “Therefore say to the house of Israel, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “I do not do this for your sake, O house of Israel, but for My holy name’s sake, which you have profaned among the nations wherever you went. 23 And I will sanctify My great name, which has been profaned among the nations, which you have profaned in their midst; and the nations shall know that I am the Lord,” says the Lord God, “when I am hallowed in you before their eyes."
Ezekiel 36:21-23

So as usual people who are in favour of real genocide (South Africa isn't exactly squeaky clean when it comes to white farmers, even as they were pretty dreadful to their black citizens in bygone days) are calling Israel genocidal when the reality is the genocidal ones are Hamas, Hezbollah, and the Muslim nations surrounding Israel.

Tom Hughes had Brandon Holthaus on his live broadcast on Jan 1 here

and at the 35:00 and the 43:30 mark there is a wonderful chart in the background contrasting ISRAEL and her neighbours - the Jewish and Arab populations in each country including Israel in 1948 and today. I typed it out because it is so good.

THIS IS ETHNIC CLEANSING

Jewish Population in 1948 and 2023:

Egypt was 63,550 and in '23 it's 3 (they joked that 2 of the 3 were Israeli embassy staff)

Syria was 40,000 now 0

Iran was 100,000 now 8,500

Iraq was 150,000 now 4

Lebanon was 20,000 now 29

Morocco was 265,000 now 2,100

Yemen was 55,000 now 1

Algeria was 140,000 now 200

Libya was 38,000 now 0

Tunisia was 105,000 now 1,000

Gaza was 7,949 now 0

THIS IS NOT ETHNIC CLEANSING

Arabs in ISRAEL and GAZA

Arabs in Israel in 1948 and 2023
was 156,000 and now is 2,100,000

Arabs in Gaza in 1948 and 2023

was 80,000 and now is 2,000,000

SO WHO EXACTLY IS THE GENOCIDAL ETHNIC CLEANSING NATION HERE? IT'S NOT ISRAEL

Guilty of Ethnic Cleansing:
Egypt, Syria, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Morocco, Yemen, Algeria, Libya, Tunisia and Gaza

NOT guilty: Israel!

Back