What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'Severe' geomagnetic storm could blow power grid with satellite, radio blackouts possible during Milton

A "severe" geomagnetic storm is forecast through Friday, and officials are warning that communication across the country could be hampered. Due to the severity of the storm, the aurora lights could even be seen as far south as Alabama.

NOAA's Space Weather Prediction Center (SWPC) said that the severe (G4) geomagnetic storm could affect the power grid, as well as GPS and radio blackouts and impacts on satellites.

"Possible widespread voltage control problems and some protective systems may mistakenly trip out key assets from the power grid," the SWPC said Wednesday.

More

I've had issues with my cell phone since last night.
I try using the Internet on my mobile phone and I repeatedly get a message that says
"No access to your search "
But I keep trying and then it goes through.
My phone is also freezing often in the middle of connecting to a search. I can't even turn off the phone. After a couple of minutes it fixes itself.
I don't know if it's related to this solar storm but I don't usually have these problems using my phone hotspot for Internet.

Back