The Department of Homeland Security's inspector general has opened an investigation into the Secret Service's handling of security for former President Trump's rally in Pennsylvania over the weekend.
In a brief notice posted to the inspector general’s website, the agency said the objective of the probe is to "Evaluate the United States Secret Service’s (Secret Service) process for securing former President Trump’s July 13, 2024 campaign event," during which there was an assassination attempt against Trump.
There was no date given for when the investigation was launched. The notice was among a long list of ongoing cases that the inspector general’s office is pursuing. President Biden had already directed an independent review of the security at the rally.
Questions remain on Wednesday surrounding how the 20-year-old shooter, Thomas Matthew Crooks, managed to climb on top of a building and open fire at Trump and rally attendees in Butler, Pennsylvania.
More
www.foxnews.com
In a brief notice posted to the inspector general’s website, the agency said the objective of the probe is to "Evaluate the United States Secret Service’s (Secret Service) process for securing former President Trump’s July 13, 2024 campaign event," during which there was an assassination attempt against Trump.
There was no date given for when the investigation was launched. The notice was among a long list of ongoing cases that the inspector general’s office is pursuing. President Biden had already directed an independent review of the security at the rally.
Questions remain on Wednesday surrounding how the 20-year-old shooter, Thomas Matthew Crooks, managed to climb on top of a building and open fire at Trump and rally attendees in Butler, Pennsylvania.
More

Secret Service under Homeland Security inspector general investigation after Trump assassination attempt
The Department of Homeland Security's inspector general is investigating the Secret Service's handling of security for former President Trump in Pennsylvania over the weekend.