What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sam Brown Discusses Book ‘Alive Day’ Chronicling Life-Altering Battlefield Explosion: ‘That’s Where I Found God’

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Staff member
Nevada’s Republican U.S. Senate nominee, Ret. Army Capt. Sam Brown, joined Sirus XM’s Breitbart News Saturday, where he discussed his new book, Alive Day: Finding Hope and Purpose After Losing Everything, which chronicles the fateful day he was severely burned on the battlefield in Afghanistan and how he found meaning in the midst of it.

“An Alive Day is something that … I heard of out of the Wounded Warrior community,” Brown said. “And it’s the day that we all sort of celebrate that we could have, should have, you know, expected to die on the battlefield, but we didn’t, you know, either due to miraculous circumstances, or, our fellow service members getting to us and, either, in my case, smothering flames, you know; for others, it’s, you know, getting tourniquets on before they bleed out, or whatever. So it’s a type of a new birthday.”

“In the midst of that, at 24 years old, you know, laying there in the, in the desert, thinking I was about to die, actually wanting death to help me escape the pain, that’s where I found God,” he said. “And that’s that’s where I found a new life when my soldiers came to me and yelled out to me that you know that, ‘Sir, I’ve got you,’ and then put themselves in harm’s way to smother those flames.”

Back