What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Russia fires warning to Israel over Patriot missiles for Ukraine

The potential deal could significantly bolster Ukraine's air defense capabilities, drawing criticism from Russian officials. "This could of course have certain political consequences," Nebenzya stated.

In a significant development in the ongoing Ukraine-Russia conflict, Israel is reportedly in negotiations to transfer up to eight Patriot air defense systems to Ukraine via the US. This potential move, as reported by the Financial Times, could substantially enhance Ukraine's ability to defend against Russian military operations.

The proposed transfer, which is still under discussion and not yet finalized, would involve a two-stage process. Initially, the Patriot batteries would be moved from Israel to the US, and subsequently from the US to Ukraine. This arrangement, if implemented, could provide crucial support to Ukraine's defensive efforts.

However, the prospect of such a transfer has drawn sharp criticism from Russian officials. Vasily Nebenzya, Russia's UN envoy, expressed his disapproval during a news conference on Monday. "The weapons, whoever they are sent by [...] to Ukraine, will eventually be destroyed, just like other Western and US weapons. That is obvious. But I assume that this could of course have certain political consequences," Nebenzya stated.

More

When I first heard this I kept wondering if it was a trade.

Israel sends Patriot missiles back to America who sends them on to Ukraine.

In return for what favour????

There has to be more layers to this.

Back