What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Picks Nicole Shanahan as His Running Mate for His Independent White House Bid

Ghoti Ichthus

Genesis 18:32, 2 Chronicles 7:14, Acts 5:29

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Picks Nicole Shanahan as His Running Mate for His Independent White House Bid​

By JONATHAN J. COOPER and MEG KINNARD
Updated 5:47 PM CDT, March 26, 2024

"OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — Robert F. Kennedy Jr. chose Nicole Shanahan on Tuesday to be his vice presidential pick, adding a wealthy but nationally unknown figure to his independent White House bid that’s trying to appeal to voters disaffected by a rematch of the 2020 election.
Shanahan, 38, is a California lawyer and philanthropist who’s never held elected office. She leads Bia-Echo Foundation, an organization she founded to direct money toward issues including women’s reproductive science, criminal justice reform and environmental causes.
Kennedy, a former Democrat, made the announcement in Oakland, California, where Shanahan was raised in an impoverished family.
“Nicole and I both left the Democratic Party,” he said. “Our values didn’t change. The Democratic Party did.”
Kennedy’s campaign has spooked Democrats, who are fighting third-party options that could draw support from President Joe Biden and help former President Donald Trump. But allies for both Biden and Trump attacked Kennedy and Shanahan on Tuesday, reflecting the uncertainty about how Americans might respond to an independent ticket that has little chance of winning Electoral College votes but could draw votes across the spectrum."

More

RFK choosing Shanahan shows he's not as moderate as he wants us to think. It's like he's indicating his true stand. I've heard some saying he knows he can't win now so he's simply setting himself up to run as a Democrat (in 2028, following Trump).

Since I don't expose myself overly much to the news, especially with regards to politics/elections, I'm wondering if Kennedy is out there getting into people's minds. For the half of voters who are brainless mindless libertards he would probably be a much better choice than the dementiated diben.

Maybe on a slightly different note;
But I find the following quote worth remembering:

“Without God, there is no virtue, because there’s no prompting of the conscience. Without God, we’re mired in the material, that flat world that tells us only what the senses perceive. Without God, there is a coarsening of the society. And without God, democracy will not and cannot long endure. If we ever forget that we’re one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.” (President Ronald Reagan August 23, 1984, emphasis added)

I think that's what we are seeing now. I call it "The Decline and Fall of the Western Empire".
It seems most Christians don't even believe anymore that only God through the Gospel has the power to change us and our societies.

Happy Easter !

The elephant party have a lot of folks that are way too willing to fall in love and show eagerness to align with liberals that seem/say they are moderates and even cross the midrange on certain things toward conservatives. These folks are NOT our friends and cannot be trusted to any real degree, and conservatives need to wake up to that reality as the rule, not the exception.

Back