What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Released Israeli hostages ask Red Cross to visit remaining captives

Almost Heaven

Well-known
Eight released Israeli hostages wrote a letter to the International Committee of the Red Cross on Monday, asking the humanitarian organization to provide medical assistance and to visit their relatives still being held by Hamas in Gaza.

In an Oct. 7 cross-border attack, Hamas militants killed 1,200 people and seized 240 hostages, according to Israeli tallies. Hamas freed over 100 of the captives during a seven-day truce last month in return for the release by Israel of scores of Palestinian detainees, as well as an increase in humanitarian aid shipments to Gaza.

While the deal was brokered by Qatar, the US, and Egypt, the handover of hostages and Palestinian detainees was facilitated by the Red Cross.

Israeli authorities have said seven civilians and an army colonel died in captivity and that 137 hostages remain in Gaza, their condition not always known.

Unfortunately I do not see this happening. My opinion of the Red Cross is on about the same level as my opinion of the UN these days. 😠
me either

Report: Red Cross Statements 'Overwhelmingly' Biased Against Israel - UN Watch

"GENEVA, December 11, 2023 — The International Red Cross has adopted an overwhelmingly skewed approach to the Hamas-Israel war in its social media, according to a new report by the Geneva-based monitoring group UN Watch.

Out of 187 tweets published by the main Red Cross accounts on Twitter (now known as X), including those by ICRC president Mirjana Spoljaric Egger and director-general Robert Mardini, 77% were focused on criticizing Israel, expressly or by implication. Only 7% of the tweets criticized Hamas.

For example, on October 17th, the ICRC promoted the false Hamas story that Israel attacked and “destroyed” Al-Ahli hospital, saying it was “shocked and horrified” that “hundreds were killed,” including “patients “killed in a hospital bed,” and doctors “losing their lies trying to save others. None of these was true. The hospital parking lot was attacked by an Islamic Jihad rocket. ICRC never corrected its misinformation.

“The Red Cross claims to be neutral, but its public statements are anything but,” said Hillel Neuer, executive director of UN Watch and an international human rights lawyer.
"

and that is proven by their actions here:

"Families of Israelis being held hostage by Hamas were reprimanded by representatives of the Red Cross in a recent meeting, with the Red Cross telling one family they need to “think about the Palestinian side,” KAN has reported.

Roni and Simona, the parents of Doron Steinbrecher who was kidnapped by Hamas terrorists from Kfar Azza on October 7, were invited to a meeting with the Red Cross this past week.

Doron needs a medication she takes daily and her parents thought that the Red Cross was finally willing to transfer the medication to her, but instead, they were sat down and reprimanded by representatives of the Red Cross.
"

SO the VICTIM is denied needed daily medication and her parents are scolded for not thinking of the PERPETRATORS feelings.

May God help Doron and all the other hostages!

The Salvation Army, USO, Chaplain's Corps, and local (not State) churches always seemed to do more for Soldiers when the chips were down, and also when things weren't bad.

The only things the Red Cross did were verify the telegram for emergency leave, and take my blood (until they couldn't anymore).

Red Crescent treated muslims very differently than "all others"

Can't speak to Magen David, but they did some pretty heroic things.

Back